This Mediterranean cucumber salad is a fresh, amazing, blend of delicious flavors! Full of fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, olives & feta it is loaded with Mediterranean flavor! This super easy salad recipe is the perfect side dish for any meal!
We love a delicious flavorful simple salad that is easy to make! This flavorful Mediterranean salad is full of fresh ingredients like crunchy cucumbers, ripe tomatoes, and creamy feta cheese.
It is the perfect refreshing salad to make and serve on a hot summer day. It is perfect for picnics or barbecues. It also makes an easy side for grilled chicken, steak or even burgers! I love making this salad with fresh garden ingredients during the summer months!
- Other Recipes You’ll Love
- BLT Ranch Pasta Salad– Bacon makes everything better right? Pasta salad is no exception! This BLT Ranch Pasta Salad has all the flavor of your favorite classic sandwich, combined with ranch to create an amazing flavor combination that everyone loves!
- Delicious Loaded Potato Salad– This creamy potato salad is so delicious and easy to make! Loaded with crispy bacon, cheese, green onions and more it is always a hit at any party or picnic!
- Easy Broccoli Salad- This easy crunchy broccoli salad is loaded with the delicious flavors of bacon, cheddar cheese, crunchy sunflower seeds, red onion, and dried cranberries!
FAQ, Tips & Variations
Use fresh vegetables- Because this is a simple cucumber salad the quality of ingredients really impacts the taste. Use fresh cucumbers so they are nice and crisp. For less seeds in your cucumber you can use an English cucumber, persian cucumbers, or choose regular cucumbers that are small and compact that way they don’t have a ton of seeds to make the salad watery. You also want to make sure the crisp cucumbers have a thin skin. I like to use grape tomatoes but if I can’t find them fresh I’ll use cherry tomatoes or roma tomatoes (plum tomatoes)
Swap out the balsamic vinegar- If you’re not a fan of balsamic vinegar or don’t have any on hand you can use red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice or lime juice in replacement. It is important to have that touch of tartness to really liven this salad up.
Add fresh herbs- If you’re making this cucumber tomato salad in the summer you may have some fresh herbs on hand and they make an amazing addition. Fresh parsley, basil or oregano are a delicious and bright addition to this salad.
Can I make the salad ahead of time? Yes! This Mediterranean cucumber tomato salad stores well in an airtight container for 2-3 days. After storing for a day or two it may be a bit watery but you can drain off the excess and it still tastes delicious. This is a great side salad to make the night before a party or gathering so you have it ready to go!
Add protein for a complete meal- You can enjoy this Mediterranean salad recipe as a delicious vegetable salad but you can also make into a meal that is delicious for summer lunches or light main dish. For a vegetarian option you can add in chickpeas or black beans, or add in some chopped grilled chicken.
Here’s what you’ll need for this Mediterranean Cucumber Salad recipe –
3- Cucumbers medium size
1-Pint Grape Tomatoes
1- Can Black Olives
1- Container Feta Cheese
1/2- Red Onion
2- Tbsp Olive Oil
2- Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1- tsp Dried Oregano
Here’s how to make make Mediterranean cucumber tomato salad
First you’ll need to chop the veggies. The cucumbers don’t need to be peeled, but you can peel them if you’d like. You can also remove the seeds if desired. Chop or slice the cucumber into even pieces. Place the chopped cucumbers in a large salad bowl.
Cut the tomatoes into halves or quarters and add them to the cucumbers.
Finely dice the red onion and add it in with the tomato and cucumber.
Chop or slice the black olives if desired. Place the olives and feta in the bowl with the cucumbers and tomatoes.
Nest we’re going to make the salad dressing –
In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and dried oregano until well mixed.
Add the dressing to the vegetables and stir or toss until everything is evenly coated.
Cover and chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Store any leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container.
Mediterranean Cucumber Salad
- 3- Cucumbers medium size
- 1- Pint Grape Tomatoes
- 1- Can Black Olives
- 1- Container Feta Cheese
- 1/2- Red Onion
- 2- Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2- Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1- tsp Dried Oregano
- First you’ll need to chop the veggies. The cucumbers don’t need to be peeled, but you can peel them if you’d like. You can also remove the seeds if desired. Chop or slice the cucumber into even pieces. Place the chopped cucumbers in a large salad bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes into halves or quarters and add them to the cucumbers.
- Finely dice the red onion and add it in with the tomato and cucumber.
- Chop or slice the black olives if desired. Place the olives and feta in the bowl with the cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Next we’re going to make the salad dressing –
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and dried oregano until well mixed.
- Add the dressing to the vegetables and stir or toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Store any leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container.