Looking for a refreshing and easy cocktail? Look no further than this easy Malibu Rum Punch! This delightful blend of coconut rum and fruit juices is the perfect tropical beverage for sipping on a hot day or at a summer barbecue.
This Malibu rum punch cocktail is one of our favorite summer drinks! The delightful blend of Caribbean rum, orange juice and grenadine creates a fruity, refreshing flavor that makes you feel like you’re on vacation even if you’re in your own backyard!
This rum punch recipe is great for parties or barbecues, enjoying by the pool or at the beach! This tropical cocktail will be your new favorite for sipping all summer long! Made with simple ingredients we love this recipe for sipping anytime!
- Other Recipes You’ll Love-
- Pina Colada Mocktail– Are you looking for a refreshing drink that will transport you to a tropical paradise? Look no further than the classic Pina Colada Mocktail!
- No Bake Key Lime Pie- You will not believe how easy this pie is!! This no-bake key lime pie only requires 3 ingredients and about 5 minutes, it is the perfect summer treat!
- Pineapple Pico de Gallo– Are you looking for a tasty and colorful addition to your Mexican-inspired dishes? Look no further than Pineapple Pico de Gallo!
FAQ, Tips & Variations for this Malibu Rum Punch Cocktail
Use different juice– This malibu punch recipe is made with orange juice but for a twist you can use different juices or a mix of fruit juice! Pineapple juice, mango juice, cranberry juice or even passion fruit juice make tasty additions or substitutions!
Use a different Rum– Don’t have coconut rum? You can make this recipe with your favorite brand of plain rum. White rum or dark rum are both tasty in this rum cocktail. If you want to add in coconut flavor to your plain rum you can add a teaspoon of coconut extract or a splash of coconut water to taste! You can also use different brands of coconut rum if you prefer!
What if I don’t have a cocktail shaker? This coconut rum punch recipe is shaken, not stirred, but have no fear if you don’t have a shaker there are alternatives! Some great alternatives for a cocktail shaker are- a mason jar with a lid, a travel mug with a lid, or a protein shaker. If you don’t have any of those you can just give it a good stir!
Can you make this coconut rum by the pitcher? Absolutely! If you are making this Malibu rum punch recipe for a crowd you can make it in a pitcher. For four servings simply use a cup of coconut rum and 2 cups of orange juice. You can mix them ahead of time and then pour over ice and add a splash of grenadine right before serving. For larger amounts just keep the ratio of 1 part rum to 2 parts juice.
Can I make this Malibu rum punch a slush? Yes! If you prefer a slushy drink to feel like you’re on a tropical vacation you can easily make this fruity alcoholic drink a delicious icy beverage! You can add your juice, rum and ice to a blender and blend it to make it slushy. For more flavor you can freeze the juice and use it in place of the ice or use frozen fruit like strawberries or pineapples in place of the ice.
Here’s what you’ll need for this Malibu Rum Punch Recipe-
2 oz. Malibu coconut rum
4 oz. Orange Juice
Splash of grenadine
Maraschino cherry or slice of orange for garnish
Here’s how to make this Malibu Rum Punch
Add one cup of ice, rum and orange juice to a cocktail shaker and shake to combine and chill.
Fill your cocktail glass with ice, strain and pour the orange juice and rum mixture over the ice.
Slowly pour the grenadine down the inside of the glass, it should float to the bottom and create a pretty layer.
Garnish your drink with a maraschino cherry or slice of orange juice.
- 2 oz. Malibu coconut rum
- 4 oz. Orange Juice
- Splash of grenadine
- Ice Cubes
- Maraschino cherry or slice of orange for garnish
- Add one cup of ice, rum and orange juice to a cocktail shaker and shake to combine and chill.
- Fill your cocktail glass with ice, strain and pour the orange juice and rum mixture over the ice.
- Slowly pour the grenadine down the inside of the glass, it should float to the bottom and create a pretty layer.
- Garnish your drink with a maraschino cherry or slice of orange juice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 1g