Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Air fryer zucchini fries are an easy, delicious and crispy side dish that goes well with any meal! They are a great way to enjoy your veggies any time!
Not only are air fryer zucchini fries a healthier alternative to traditional fries, but they’re also incredibly versatile. From a quick and satisfying snack to an exciting side dish or even a crowd-pleasing appetizer for gatherings, these fries can easily adapt to any occasion.
These easy air fryer zucchini fries are an excellent alternative to potato fries as they are not only delicious but also healthy. They are perfect for those who are on a low carb or keto diet as a cup of zucchini only contains 3g net carbs. Using an air fryer to bake these crispy parmesan zucchini fries is an easy, quick and guilt-free way to satisfy your craving for fries. Spicing up the breading mixture with your favorite spice blends will take these fries to the next level. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce for the ultimate healthy snack!
Once our garden starts blooming in the summer I’m always looking for zucchini recipes that my family will love! These crispy air fryer zucchini fries are one of our favorites, even my husband who doesn’t love zucchini enjoys these! These easy zucchini fries are perfectly crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and using the air fryer makes them as simple as they are delicious!
- Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Zucchini Corn Fritters– Zucchini and corn fritters are delicious golden brown patties filled with fresh zucchini, sweet corn and a blend of flavorful spices. They are a perfect side dish, snack or even a vegetarian main course.
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread – This chocolate chip zucchini bread is a great way to use fresh zucchini from your garden! This delicious quick bread makes a delicious breakfast, brunch or snack for any time!
- Zucchini Turkey Burgers- Turkey Zucchini Burgers are a delicious variation on a classic burger. Made with shredded zucchini, ground turkey, and spices topped with a bun and your favorite burger toppings. These juicy turkey burgers will be your new favorite!
Recipe FAQS, Tips & Variations for Air Fryer Zucchini Fries-
Use small to medium size zucchini-
Smaller zucchini tend to have less water, less seeds, and be more dense which makes them great for these fries. Try to choose fresh, tender zucchini that are 6-8 inches in length for best results. If you only have large zucchini make sure to remove excess seeds then after you have cut the zucchini sticks salt them and allow it to sit for about 10 minutes to remove excess moisture. This will help them to cook up nice and crispy.
Try to cut them as evenly as possible-
To ensure you end up with all crispy zucchini fries, you’ll want to cut the zucchini into even pieces. If they are too large you can end up with soggy zucchini fries instead of the crispy texture that is so delicious!
Make keto zucchini fries-
Zucchini is naturally low in carbohydrates, and you can make these zucchini fries keto friendly with just a little variation. You can swap out the panko bread crumbs for ground pork rinds, or low carb keto bread crumbs ( I like to make my own with keto friendly bread) or you can omit the bread crumbs and just use extra parmesan cheese.
Use different spices-
You can really mix up the flavor of these by changing up the seasoning! Sometimes I like to add a little Italian seasoning or smoked paprika. You can also give them a Mexican flair with a little ground cumin and chili powder. If you like a more simple flavor you can go with just basic salt and pepper. Use your favorite seasoning combination to make this recipe and mix it up!
Serve with dipping sauce-
These zucchini fries are just as fun to dip as french fries and they go with so many delicious dips! We love to serve them with ranch dressing, ketchup, honey mustard, siracha mayo or my avocado cilantro crema! You can serve your zucchini fries with your favorite sauce or dip!
Don’t crowd the air fryer-
One of the secrets to getting extra crispy fries with this air fryer zucchini fries recipe is to make sure to give them room in the air fryer! Make sure to arrange the zucchini fries in a single layer leaving room between them for the hot air to circulate. Depending on the size of your air fryer this may mean you have to make several batches but it is worth it to make crispy fries!
How to store air fryer zucchini fries-
These fries will store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3 days. The best way to reheat them is to place them back in the air fryer, so that they’ll still be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside! Reheat them in the air fryer at 400 for about 5 minutes. It is not recommended to freeze leftover zucchini fries because zucchini becomes soggy when it thaws.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
2 Medium Size Zucchini
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
2 Large Eggs
1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Here’s how to make zucchini fries in the air fryer-
Cut zucchini into sticks. I like to cut my zucchini into thirds and then cut each third in half length wise and then cut each of those pieces into thirds or fourths. You can cut your zucchini into whatever size you’d like. Thinner zucchini fries will be crispier and cook faster.
Place the zucchini in a large bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of salt, stir.
In a shallow bowl or dish combine remaining salt, flour, garlic powder and pepper.
In a separate shallow dish whisk eggs.
In a third shallow dish mix together the panko crumbs and parmesan cheese.
To make sure the breading sticks pat the zucchini dry with paper towels before dredging.
Dip the cut zucchini into the flour to coat, then dip in the egg, and finally coat the zucchini in the bread crumb mixture.
Lightly oil the air fryer basket and then place the breaded zucchini fry in the air fryer basket.
Repeat until all of the zucchini fries have been breaded and placed evenly spaced in a single layer in the air fryer. You may have to work in batches. As the first batch cooks you can continue breading your remaining fries and place them on a baking sheet until ready to cook.
Air fry at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- 2 Medium Size Zucchini
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Cut zucchini into sticks. I like to cut my zucchini into thirds and then cut each third in half length wise and then cut each of those pieces into thirds or fourths. You can cut your zucchini into whatever size you’d like. Thinner zucchini fries will be crispier and cook faster.
- Place the zucchini in a large bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of salt, stir.
- In a shallow bowl or dish combine remaining salt, flour, garlic powder and pepper.
- In a separate shallow dish whisk eggs.
- In a third shallow dish mix together the panko crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- To make sure the breading sticks pat the zucchini dry with paper towels before dredging.
- Dip the cut zucchini into the flour to coat, then dip in the egg, and finally coat the zucchini in the bread crumb mixture.
- Lightly oil the air fryer basket and then place the breaded zucchini fry in the air fryer basket.
- Repeat until all of the zucchini fries have been breaded and placed evenly spaced in a single layer in the air fryer. You may have to work in batches. As the first batch cooks you can continue breading your remaining fries and place them on a baking sheet until ready to cook.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 753mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g