Zucchini and corn fritters are delicious golden brown patties filled with fresh zucchini, sweet corn and a blend of flavorful spices. They are a perfect side dish, snack or even a vegetarian main course.
Zucchini and Corn Fritters are a delicious summer appetizer, snack or side dish that can be enjoyed by kids and adults! This easy recipe is perfect for using fresh zucchini corn throughout the summer!
Everyone I know who has a garden reaches a point in the summer where they have a ton of zucchini! While I love to make baked goods with excess zucchini I also love finding savory ways to enjoy it! These zucchini corn fritters are a great way to use zucchini and enjoy it in a healthy, delicious and easy recipe! These fritters are golden brown and crispy on the outside and soft inside. Everyone loves them!
- Other Posts You’ll Love-
- Healthy Zucchini Turkey Burgers– Turkey Zucchini Burgers are a delicious variation on a classic burger. Made with shredded zucchini, ground turkey, and spices topped with a bun and your favorite burger toppings. These juicy turkey burgers will be your new favorite!
- Zucchini Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting– These zucchini cookies are soft, moist, perfectly spiced, and topped with a creamy, tangy cream cheese frosting that makes them absolutely perfect!
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread– This chocolate chip zucchini bread is a great way to use fresh zucchini from your garden! This delicious quick bread makes a delicious breakfast, brunch or snack for any time!
Tips FAQ & Variations for These Zucchini and Corn Fritters
Add different veggies-
These zucchini corn fritters are the perfect side dish for any summer meal and a great way to use garden fresh veggies. We like to add in chopped bell pepper or jalapeno pepper for a little bit of spice!
To make the fritters gluten free
To make this recipe gluten free you can swap out the flour with gluten free flour, almond flour or coconut flour. Almond and coconut flour can change the texture slightly but are delicious options!
Drain the zucchini well-
To make sure your fritters are nice and crispy you want to make sure to squeeze all excess water out of the shredded zucchini. Using small zucchini can help because they have less water content than large zucchini. After shredding them you can sprinkle on a little salt and leave the zucchini sit for about 5 minutes. This helps draw out excess liquid. Then squeeze the water out using paper towels.
How to serve zucchini corn fritters-
For light and quick meal we like to pair these fritters with fresh side salad. They make a delicious lunch or light dinner. They are also delicious as a side dish alongside grilled meat like chicken or steaks. These delicious and easy fritters are also a tasty addition to breakfast or brunch. Top them with a fried egg and bacon for an amazing meal!
What is the best corn to use for these fritters?
The great thing about these fritters is that any corn will work well. My preference is fresh corn especially in the summer when it is flavorful and delicious. If fresh corn isn’t available you can use canned corn or frozen corn that has been thawed. If you are using canned or frozen corn you’ll want to tap the corn kernels dry before making the fritters.
How to store and reheat these fritters-
This easy and delicious recipe is great for making ahead to have on hand for lunch or meal prep. You can store the fritters refrigerated in an air tight container let them cool completely before storing. To reheat them you can place them on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes. You can also reheat them in the air fryer at 300 for 5-10 minutes.
Ingredients for This Zucchini Corn Fritters Recipe
2 Medium size Zucchini
1 Yellow Onion
4 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
1/3 tsp Salt
1/3 tsp Ground Cumin
1/3 tsp Garlic Powder
3 Tbsp Avocado Oil or Vegetable Oil
2/3 Cup Corn Kernels
1 Large Egg
3 tbsp Chopped Fresh Herbs (Parsley, Dill or Cilantro)
Here’s How to Make Zucchini and Corn Fritters
First wash and grate the zucchini. Then place it in a large bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of salt, stir. Allow the zucchini to sit for about 5 minutes for the excess moisture from the zucchini to be drawn out. Drain the zucchini and squeeze it dry with paper towels. Return the drained zucchini to the bowl
Grate the onion, or place it in the food process and process until finely diced.
Add the chopped onion and the corn into the bowl. Stir until well mixed.
Now add in the flour, egg, salt and spices.
Add chopped herbs and mix all the ingredients thoroughly. If your mixture seems too wet you can add a little more flour to bind the fritters together.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Spoon a small amount of zucchini into the pan and press into round or oval fritters with the back of a spatula. Fry on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
Flip the fritters and continue to fry for another 3 minutes.
Put the finished fritters onto a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil.
Serve while still warm.
- 2 Medium size Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 4 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 1/3 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/3 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 Tbsp Avocado Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 Cup Corn Kernels
- 1 Large Egg
- 3 tbsp Chopped Fresh Herbs (Parsley, Dill or Cilantro)
- First wash and grate the zucchini. Then place it in a large bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of salt, stir. Allow the zucchini to sit for about 5 minutes for the excess moisture from the zucchini to be drawn out. Drain the zucchini and squeeze it dry with paper towels. Return it to the bowl
- Grate the onion, or place it in the food process and process until finely diced.
- Add the chopped onion and the corn into the bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Now add in the flour, egg, salt and spices.
- Add chopped herbs and mix all the ingredients thoroughly. If your mixture seems too wet you can add a little more flour to bind the fritters together.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Spoon a small amount of zucchini into the pan and press into round or oval fritters with the back of a spatula. Fry on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the fritters and continue to fry for another 3 minutes.
- Put the finished fritters onto a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil.
- Serve while still warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 286mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 6g