Are you looking for a delicious, healthy sauce to complement your Mexican-inspired dishes? Look no further than avocado cilantro crema! This flavorful and creamy sauce is easy to make and pairs well with everything from tacos to burritos. Plus, it’s packed with healthy fats from the avocado and fresh flavors from cilantro and lime!
Avocado Cilantro Crema is a flavorful and creamy sauce that adds a burst of freshness to any dish. This sauce is versatile and can be used as a topping, dip or sauce for a variety of dishes like grilled meats, tacos, salads, and even roasted vegetables. The recipe for this sauce is straightforward and easy to make at home using just a handful of ingredients like avocados, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and sour cream. If you are a fan of guacamole or just love avocado flavor you’ll love this creamy avocado sauce!
This delicious cilantro sauce only takes 5 minutes to make, it is our go to for topping our favorite Mexican dishes! Because it is so super easy to make it is a great addition to busy weeknight meals to dress up your food and feel like you’re at your favorite restaurant!
- Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Cucumber Pico de Gallo– f you’re looking for a fresh and flavorful twist on traditional pico de gallo, look no further than cucumber pico de gallo! This unique and delicious variation adds crisp cucumber to the classic combination of chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and lime juice
- Delicious Fajita Burgers– These Fajita Burgers are a delicious variation on a classic burger. Made with ground beef, peppers, onions and spices topped with a bun and your favorite fajita toppings. These juicy, flavorful burgers will be your new favorite!
- Easy Enchilada Casserole– This enchilada casserole has all the delicious flavors of enchiladas with a fraction of the effort! Layers of sauce, meat, cheese and tortillas combine to create a delicious combination that your family is sure to love!
How to serve Avocado Cilantro Crema-
This avocado crema is so tasty and versatile! Try using it as a dip for vegetables, tortilla chips or crackers. The tangy and fresh flavors of the crema pair perfectly with crunchy snacks. You can also use it as a sauce for fish tacos, burritos, or quesadillas. We love it on this Crockpot Carnitas Recipe and these California Burritos. The smooth and creamy texture will add a luxurious element to any Mexican dish. It even makes a great salad dressing! The flavors of this crema recipe will add a zesty kick to your greens. Lastly, try adding it to your morning avocado toast for a twist on the classic breakfast dish.
This makes a great dipping sauce poured into a dish, or you use a spoon to scoop it out onto your dishes. You can also put it in a squeeze bottle to squeeze it out onto your dishes.
Variations & Substitutions-
Make your Avocado Crema Spicy-
This sauce recipe is a tangy and flavorful condiment that goes well with so many things. It has a nice balanced flavor but it isn’t spicy. If you like a little more spice in your sauce you can add jalapenos! Just remove the stem and cut the jalapeño length wise, remove the seeds and finely dice the jalapeno. Place it in the food process or with the cilantro and garlic and blend into the crema.
Substitute the sour cream-
If you want to swap out the sour cream you can make avocado crema with Greek yogurt instead or plain yogurt. If you’re looking to match the creaminess of sour cream Greek yogurt is the perfect swap. You can also use regular plain yogurt in this avocado crema recipe and it will result in a thinner crema that is perfect to use as a salad dressing.
How to store this Avocado Crema-
This creamy dressing stores well for 2-3 days so you can make this sauce ahead of time. Be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it. If air gets to it it will discolor the avocado and make the sauce an unappetizing color. You can cover your container with plastic wrap but be sure to make it tight to prevent the avocado from browning.
Ingredients for Avocado Cilantro Crema
1- Ripe Avocado
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
1/4 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
Here’s how to make Creamy Avocado Cilantro Crema
First cut the avocado in half lengthwise, remove the pit and skin, and chop the avocado into pieces.
Add the garlic and cilantro in the bowl of a food processor.
Add in the sour cream, mayonnaise and lime juice.
Finally add the chopped ripe avocado.
Pulse the mixture and process until smooth and well mixed, stopping to scrape down the sides and mix more. Process until it is the desired consistency, for thinner consistency just add a little bit of lime juice.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Avocado Cilantro Crema
- 1- Ripe Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- First cut the avocado in half lengthwise, remove the pit and skin, and chop the avocado into pieces.
- Add the garlic and cilantro in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add in the sour cream, mayonnaise and lime juice.
- Finally add the chopped ripe avocado.
- Pulse the mixture and process until smooth and well mixed, stopping to scrape down the sides and mix more. Process until it is the desired consistency, for thinner consistency just add a little bit of lime juice.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.