Air Fryer Garlic Knots
Air fryer garlic knots are super easy and full of flavor! These garlicky knots are the perfect addition to a pasta dinner, pizza night, or any other weeknight meal! It is also a tasty appetizer and great addition to any party spread!
Made with just a simple can of pizza dough, butter, seasonings, and parmesan cheese this easy air fryer recipe will become a new staple in your house!
These homemade garlic knots come together quickly and easily, making them in the air fryer makes them crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. They make the perfect dinner rolls to accompany any meal! They taste just like the garlic bread from your favorite pizzeria! We love to serve these up with a dinner salad or soup (we love them with tomato soup!) , make them to have with pasta or pizza or add them to the menu for any party or gathering. They are a great way to get fresh bread on the table in no time!
These air fryer garlic rolls are a super easy way to have fresh bread alongside any meal! Made with store-bought pizza dough they require just a little bit of prep time, simple ingredients you can find at any local grocery store, and a few easy steps and you can have this delicious garlic knot recipe ready in no time! I personally like to make these garlic knots instead of bread sticks because the little nooks and crannies are the perfect place for garlic butter and parmesan so they have more delicious flavor!
- Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Chex Mix – Chex mix is a staple for parties and get togethers! This classic snack mix comes together quickly and easily in the air fryer! Whip up a batch of this air fryer Chex mix to snack on any time!
- Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken- This air fryer popcorn chicken recipe is so easy and flavorful! The whole family loves these delicious little nuggets of crispy chicken that are great for dipping!
- Air Fryer Mini Pizzas – Made with a refrigerated biscuit pizza crust these air fryer mini pizzas are fun to make and delicious to eat! These personal pizzas are a great snack, quick dinner, or a delicious addition to any party!
How to serve these garlic knots-
These easy garlic knots are a great accompaniment for any meal but they also make a great snack or appetizer. We like to serve these with dipping sauces. Marinara sauce, delicious garlic butter sauce, herbs in olive oil, or even ranch dressing make great dips for these garlic knots. They are a quick finger food that is perfect for parties or snacking on movie night!
How to store these garlic knots-
These delicious air fryer garlic knots store beautifully so they are great for making ahead of time to serve with dinner! They can be stored at room temperature for a few days or refrigerated for longer term storage. Store any leftover garlic knots in an airtight container for best results.
How to reheat air fryer garlic knots-
You can reheat leftover garlic knots in a number of ways. You can place the garlic knots back into the air fryer to reheat them. Just heat them at 300 for about 5 minutes. You can also reheat garlic knots in the oven, just place them on a baking sheet and heat for about 5 minutes at 325. Also you can microwave the garlic knots for about 30 seconds.
Can I make these with homemade pizza dough?
Yes you can! I like to use premade pizza dough because it is quick and easy but you can also make these with your favorite homemade pizza dough. If you prefer to make your own dough you can use it with this recipe. Because the yeast content may vary the size of the garlic knots may also. They might rise to be bigger, or they may need to cook longer. I suggest making one and testing the cook time so you’ll no what to do for the next batch. If you are using fresh dough you’ll want to divide it into equal pieces and roll them into ropes 8-10 inches long and about 1/2 inch wide.
Substitutions and Variations for Air Fryer Garlic Knots-
These garlic knots are so easy to make and you can easily tweak them with ingredients you have on hand! If you don’t have garlic powder you can swap it out for fresh garlic, minced garlic, or roasted garlic. If you are using fresh or minced garlic it is a good idea to add it to the butter before melting so that it can cook a bit then brush the garlic butter mixture on the garlic knots.
You can also mix up the herbs and spices on these garlic knots, individual spices like basil, parsley or oregano are great additions. If you want a different flavor profile you can omit the parmesan cheese and swap out the spices for a Mexican flair or your favorite seasoning combination.
You can also swap out the pizza dough for crescent rolls dough. They cook a little differently so if you make garlic knots with crescent dough you’ll want to keep an eye on them as they cook.
Here’s what you’ll need for these Air Fryer Garlic Knots
1- 13.8 oz Package Refrigerated Pizza Dough
4 Tbsp Butter
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
2 tsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
Here’s how to make Garlic Knots in the Air Fryer
Unroll and place the dough onto a cutting board and press flat.
Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter cut the rectangle of dough horizontally into ropes about 1/2 inch wide.
To make the knots, take a strip of dough and make a loop criss crossing the ends over each other. Fold one over the other and through the loop and then tuck the other end behind creating a knot. Place on a clean surface or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Repeat with the additional strips of dough until all of the dough has been made into knots.
Melt the butter in a small bowl.
In a separate bowl combine the garlic, Italian seasoning, and grated parmesan cheese.
Using a pastry brush brush the melted butter across the top of the dough knots.
Sprinkle the parmesan cheese mixture across the butter evenly onto the knots.
Preheat the air fryer to 325 for about 5 minutes.
Place the garlic knots into the air fryer basket a few inches apart and air fry at 325 for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove them from the air fryer and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Serve warm, store any leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container.
- 1- 13.8 oz Package Refrigerated Pizza Dough
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Unroll the dough onto a cutting board and press flat.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter cut the rectangle of dough horizontally into ropes about 1/2 inch wide.
- To make the knots, take a strip of dough and make a loop criss crossing the ends over each other. Fold one over the other and through the loop and then tuck the other end behind creating a knot. Place on a clean surface or baking sheet.
- Repeat with the additional strips of dough until all of the dough has been made into knots.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the garlic, Italian seasoning, and grated parmesan cheese.
- Using a pastry brush brush the melted butter across the top of the dough knots.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese mixture across the butter.
- Place the garlic knots in the air fryer a few inches apart and cook at 325 for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm, store any leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g