Easy Grinch Fudge Recipe
This Grinch fudge is the perfect holiday treat! Whether you whip a batch for a Grinch movie night or for a Christmas gathering this simple fudge makes the perfect addition to all of your holiday festivities!
If you are looking for an easy fudge recipe to make this holiday season this fun Grinch green fudge is the one! This homemade fudge is one of the most simple recipes I’ve ever made, it is festive and delicious! This Grinch fudge makes a great addition to any holiday party, cookie exchanges, holiday bake sales or Grinch themed parties. It is perfect to snack on while you watch ” How the Grinch Stole Christmas ” or any other fun Christmas movie.
This Grinch Christmas fudge is so much fun to make! We love this recipe to make with kids it is so colorful and reminds them of their favorite Christmas story!
- Other Christmas Fudge Recipes You’ll Love
- Eggnog Fudge This eggnog fudge is rich, creamy, and full of eggnog flavor. This is the perfect holiday fudge recipe for parties, gift giving, and enjoying throughout the holiday season!
- Gingerbread fudge This gingerbread fudge recipe is the perfect treat for the holiday season! Full of the sweetly spiced flavors of gingerbread and covered in festive sprinkles this amazing fudge is full of holiday cheer!
- Sugar Cookie fudge This sugar cookie fudge is the perfect easy fudge recipe for the holiday season. Made with simple ingredients and full of sugar cookie flavor it will be your new favorite!
FAQ & TIPS for this Grinch Fudge Recipe
Can I add flavoring to this fudge?
This Grinch fudge has a delicious creamy white chocolate wonderful flavor the way the recipe is written, but if you want to add different flavors you can. Add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to add a delicious vanilla flavor or 1/2 a teaspoon of peppermint extract to add some delicious peppermint flavor. You can really use any extract you’d like for flavoring!
Do I need to use gel food coloring?
Gel food coloring is the best for any food that you want strongly colored. For this fudge you want a nice bright shade of green so gel food coloring is much better to use than liquid. I like to use leaf green food coloring the vibrant green color of this fudge, but if you prefer a lighter shade of green or a more neon shade you can use your favorite. If you only have liquid food coloring you can use it but start with a few drops of green food coloring at a time Be cautious not to add too much liquid food coloring, as it can affect the texture of the white chocolate. Excessive liquid can even cause the chocolate to seize or become grainy.
Do I need a candy thermometer?
No! This recipe is super easy to make and doesn’t require any special equipment, just a saucepan and a square baking dish. Because this quick fudge is made with sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate chips this fudge is fool proof and sets up easily and stays nice and soft.
Can I use other heart decorations?
I like to use jumbo red heart candy sprinkles for this fudge to represent the Grinch’s heart but there are a couple of other options. You can place a red candy heart in the center of each piece of fudge, or use red candy melts to pipe a heart on each piece of fudge after the fudge has cooled. No matter what you choose make sure to include the important red heart on your fudge!
How to Store this fudge-
If you’re making this sweet treat ahead of time or need to store the fudge you can keep it in an airtight container. Fudge can be stored in the refrigerator for extended amounts of time or kept at room temperature to keep it soft.
Tips for working with white chocolate-
Working with white chocolate is easy but here are a few things to remember. Choose a high quality brand of white chocolate chips high-quality white chocolate chips or bars with a cocoa butter content of at least 20%. Good quality chocolate will result in a creamier fudge. White chocolate is more sensitive to heat than dark chocolate so white chocolate melts best over low heat. Be patient and keep stirring until the chocolate is fully melted. The color of the white chocolate chips can also effect the final color of the fudge.
- Other Fun Grinch Recipes You’ll Love
- Grinch Rice Krispie Treats– These tasty Grinch rice krispie treats are the perfect holiday treat! Chewy, crunchy rice krispies treats are drizzled with melted green chocolate for the perfect dessert!
- Grinch Pretzel Bites These sweet and salty Grinch pretzel bites are perfect for holiday festivities or a Grinch movie night! Made with pretzels, caramels and dipped in chocolate they are a tasty, cute and easy treat!
- Grinch Crinkle Cookies- Grinch Crinkle Cookies These Grinch crinkle cookies are a delicious soft, minty cookies that are perfect for the holiday season!
Grinch Fudge Ingredients
2 1/2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Tbsp Butter
Green Leaf Gel Food Coloring
Large Red Heart Sprinkles
Here’s How to Make Grinch Fudge
Line an 8×8 square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and butter.
Place the sweetened condensed milk and the white chocolate chips in a medium size saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently. Melt the white chocolate chips completely. Add in the butter and a pinch of salt to the melted chocolate mixture and continue stirring and heating over low heat until the butter has melted and is completely incorporated.
Place about 1/8 tsp of green gel food coloring into the white chocolate fudge mixture and stir until well incorporated and no white or green streaks remain. Add additional food coloring if a deeper green color is desired.
Pour the fudge into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
Place sprinkles across the top of the fudge evenly in 5 rows of 5. This grinch fudge recipe makes 25 pieces so when you cut the fudge each piece will have a heart in the center. If you prefer larger pieces of fudge you can use less sprinkles and spread them out accordingly onto your warm fudge.
Place the fudge in the refrigerator and allow your fudge to cool for at least 4 hours.
When ready to serve lift the fudge out of the pan and cut the fudge into 25 pieces with a clean sharp knife.
Store any leftover fudge refrigerated in an airtight container.
Easy Grinch Fudge
- 2 1/2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Pinch Salt
- Green Leaf Gel Food Coloring
- Large Red Heart Sprinkles
- Line an 8×8 square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and butter.
- Place the sweetened condensed milk and the white chocolate chips in a medium size saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the chocolate chips have melted. Add in the butter and a pinch of salt and continue stirring and heating over low heat until the butter has melted and is completely incorporated.
- Place about 1/8 tsp of green gel food coloring into the white chocolate fudge mixture and stir until well incorporated. Add additional food coloring if a deeper green color is desired.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Place sprinkles across the top of the fudge evenly in 5 rows of 5. When you cut the fudge each piece will have a heart in the center. If you prefer larger pieces of fudge you can use less sprinkles and spread them out more.
- Place the fudge in the refrigerator and allow to cool for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve slice the fudge with a clean sharp knife into 25 squares.
- Store any leftover fudge refrigerated in an airtight container.