These cake mix brownies are so easy and delicious! Using a simple box of cake mix you can make fudgy, chocolatey brownies that everyone loves! With only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes you can have the perfect brownies!
Did you know you can easily transform a cake mix into delicious fudgy brownies? I personally think that these delicious brownies made from cake mix are even better than boxed brownie mix and they are just as easy! With just a box of chocolate cake mix and a few other simple ingredients you can whip up these easy brownies that will satisfy any chocolate craving! This is a great way to make homemade brownies that are quick and easy!
For an amazing quick dessert serve the warm brownies topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of whipped cream.
They make a great easy dessert, snack or addition to a bake sale! They are super easy to make so we love this recipe for making any time a chocolate craving hits!
- Other Posts You’ll Love
- Cake Mix Cookies -These cake mix cookies are so incredibly easy and delicious! They are the perfect soft, chewy cookie, and only take 3 ingredients! You can easily make different variations and flavors for endless possibilities!
- Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies– If you love the taste of peanut butter and chocolate you are going to adore these peanut butter brownies! They are thick, chewy, full of flavor and delicious! These fudgy chocolate brownies with a peanut butter swirl are an amazing treat!
- Mint Frosted Brownies– These mint brownies are amazing. Often called grasshopper bars, these chewy brownies have a thick layer of mint cream cheese buttercream icing that is delicious!
FAQ for Making Brownies From Cake Mix
Can I use a different flavor cake mix to make this recipe –
Chocolate is the classic flavor for brownies but you can make these easy cake mix brownies with different flavors of boxed cake mix. You can use yellow cake mix, red velvet, strawberry or even lemon cake mix. This recipe works to create cookie bars, or blondies with any variety of cake flavors.
Other variations of this easy brownie recipe –
Not only can you use a variety of cake mixes for this recipe but you can also change up the mix ins. If you want chocolate you can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips, you can try peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips or butterscotch chips. Other delicious additions are Heath toffee chips, chopped nuts, or even dried fruit.
To make cake brownies-
This brownie recipe results in fudgy brownies but you can easily make more cake like brownies if that’s how you like them. Just simply add in an extra egg for brownies that are more cake like. Your cooking time may be slightly longer because of the extra liquid so keep an eye on them as they bake.
Tips for success-
Stir the brownie batter by hand, using an electric mixer can add too much air to the batter and the brownies won’t be as fudgy.
Baking time may vary depending on your oven, make sure to keep an eye on your brownies and don’t overbake.
Store the brownies in an airtight container. They can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated to keep them longer. Let the brownies cool completely before storing.
Here’s What You’ll Need for This Cake Mix Brownie Recipe-
1- 15.25oz Cake Mix- Chocolate or Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1/2 Cup of Oil (Avocado Oil or Vegetable Oil)
2 Large Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Here’s How to Make Cake Mix Brownies
First preheat the oven to 350
Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or lightly butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix together the cake mix, eggs, oil and vanilla stirring until well incorporated.
Add chocolate chips and fold them in until they are evenly incorporated.
Spread the batter evenly in your prepared pan.
Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow the brownies to cool completely on a cooling rack before cutting.
Cake Mix Brownies
- 1- 15.25 oz Cake Mix- Chocolate or Devil’s Food
- 1/2 Cup of Oil Avocado Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- First preheat the oven to 350
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or lightly butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and vanilla stirring until well incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until they are evenly incorporated.
- Spread the batter evenly in your prepared pan.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack before cutting.