Love pizza? This pizza soup is hearty, delicious and full of your favorite pizza flavors! It is a great variation of your favorite meal!
Friday nights at my house are always pizza night. I make my dough, throw on some toppings and we love it!
But those tasty pizza flavors don’t have to be reserved for just pizza night! So today I present you with a tasty, hearty soup, that walks the line between soup, pasta dish, and pizza quite beautifully.
This is perfect to throw together on a weeknight it’s easy and delicious.
The recipe as it is written makes a big pot of soup. If you’re only feeding a small family, or your kids are small and not human vacuum cleaners like my teenager, you may want to halve it.
This could easily be made into a vegetarian version by omitting the pepperoni & using vegetable stock! My homemade vegetable bullion works beautifully!
Here’s what you’ll need for this Pizza Soup
- 30 oz.- Diced Stewed Tomatoes undrained
- 32 oz. - Chicken or Beef Stock
- 1/2- Cup Pepperoni Slices quartered
- 1- Med Onion Diced
- 1- Med Green Pepper Diced
- 2- Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (These pack a punch so use less if you have little ones)
- 1- Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1- Pkg. Frozen Ravioli or tortellini (I used cheese filled, the filling is up to you)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Shredded Mozzarella & sliced black olives for garnish
- In a large soup pot heat olive oil over medium heat, add in onions and peppers saute until onions are clear and slightly soft.
- Add in all other ingredients except ravioli, olives and shredded cheese.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Bring back to a boil, add in ravioli and boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with olives and mozzarella cheese and serve!
This can be made vegetarian by omitting the pepperoni and using vegetable stock
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 869Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 254mgSodium: 1349mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 70g