4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken with Stuffing
We love slow cooker recipes for busy weeknights and this 4-ingredient slow cooker chicken and stuffing recipe is one of our favorites. It is so easy and delicious the whole family loves it!
For this easy crockpot recipe you only need boneless chicken, condensed cream soup, sour cream and stuffing mix. It is a delicious one dish meal that can be made with simple ingredients you probably have on hand right now!
This easy crockpot dinner recipe will quickly become a family favorite! I love it because it is so simple and can be served with your favorite veggie or salad for a quick and easy meal!
- Other Recipes You’ll Love-
- Chicken Tater Tot Casserole– Chicken tater tot casserole is an easy and delicious dinner that your whole family will enjoy. Packed with creamy chicken, ranch flavoring, bacon, cheese, and of course crispy tater tots it is the perfect comfort food!
- Creamy Pumpkin Mac and Cheese– This creamy flavorful pumpkin mac and cheese recipe is the perfect fall comfort food. It makes a great weeknight meal or delicious side dish for your holiday gatherings.
- Easy & Delicious Blackened Corn– Blackened corn is a simple and flavorful side dish that is easy and delicious! Made with sweet corn, melted butter, and a homemade blackening seasoning, it is a tasty side to serve with any meal!
FAQ & Tips for Slow Cooker Chicken with Stuffing
Can I use different soup?
Yes! Any condensed canned soup will work for this recipe. Cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery go well with the flavors of the stuffing and result in a tasty meal! If you prefer to use homemade cream soup you can but the final texture may be different.
Can I add vegetables?
Yes! If you want to make this a complete meal you can add veggies to the crockpot! I suggest using frozen vegetables to keep this recipe super easy. We like green beans in this but you could also add mixed frozen veggies. If you add vegetables you can layer them in between the sour cream mixture and the the stuffing.
What to serve with crock pot chicken and stuffing –
We like to serve this easy crock pot recipe with a simple side dish for an easy meal. I like to to serve our favorite veggies like green beans, broccoli or brussels sprouts. It is also delicious with mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce if you want a little taste of Thanksgiving!
How to store leftover crockpot chicken and stuffing –
Store leftover slow cooker chicken and stuffing refrigerated in an airtight container.
Can I leave the chicken breasts whole?
Yes! I personally like to cut the chicken for this recipe but if you prefer to leave your breasts whole you can. If you choose to leave them whole you’ll need to adjust the cooking time to 5-6 hours on low or 3- 4 hours on high. You want to be sure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees, you can check it with a meat thermometer if necessary.
Ingredients for 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing
1 1/2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1- 10.5 oz Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Cup Sour Cream
1- 6 oz Box of Stuffing Mix
Here’s how to make 4 Ingredient Crockpot Chicken with Stuffing
First, trim your chicken breasts and cut them into large chunks.
Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
In a medium bowl mix together the cream of chicken soup and sour cream
For softer stuffing- Spread the stuffing across the diced chicken breast and then spread the sour cream mixture evenly across the stuffing
For a dryer topping- Spread the sour cream mixture evenly across the top of the chicken then sprinkle the dry stuffing evenly on top of the sour cream mixture.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
To serve- You can stir everything together or scoop out the chicken and leave the stuffing on top.
4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken with Stuffing
- 1 1/2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1- 10.5 oz Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1- 6 oz Box of Stuffing Mix
- First, trim your chicken breasts and cut them into large chunks.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cream of chicken soup and sour cream
- For softer stuffing- Spread the stuffing across the diced chicken breast and then spread the sour cream mixture evenly across the stuffing
- For a dryer topping- Spread the sour cream mixture evenly across the top of the chicken then sprinkle the dry stuffing evenly on top of the sour cream mixture.Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- To serve- You can stir everything together or scoop out the chicken and leave the stuffing on top.