Crock Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Slow Cooker cajun chicken alfredo is the perfect easy dinner! This creamy delicious crock pot meal is loaded with flavor from the cajun alfredo sauce, tender chicken breast and savory parmesan cheese!
This is one of my favorite crockpot meals because it is so delicious and easy. It is a family favorite for pasta night and perfect for having ready to eat on busy weekdays! Everything cooks right in the crockpot which makes clean up a breeze!
- Other Recipes You’ll Love-
- 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken with Stuffing- We love slow cooker recipes for busy weeknights and this 4-ingredient slow cooker chicken and stuffing recipe is one of our favorites. It is so easy and delicious the whole family loves it!
- Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta– This creamy Italian sausage pasta is an easy weeknight dinner that is full of incredible flavor! Tender pasta is covered with a creamy sauce, spicy Italian sausage, sun dried tomatoes and spinach!
- Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake– This creamy chicken and bacon pasta bake is a delicious and easy-to-make dinner recipe that will satisfy the whole family. This hearty dish combines tender chicken, crispy bacon, and al dente pasta, all smothered in a creamy ranch sauce and topped with melted cheese
FAQ Tips & Suggestions for Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Delicious additions- This slow cooker cajun chicken pasta is a great recipe that can be easily tweaked to your family’s liking. One of our favorite additions is kielbasa or andouille sausage, it adds more protein and flavor. If you like little more heat red pepper flakes can be sprinkled on top!
How to store Crockpot cajun chicken alfredo– You can store this slow cooker cajun chicken alfredo recipe refrigerated in an air tight container for 2-3 days.
What cajun spice is best? Cajun seasoning is usually a delicious blend of smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and often other spices. You can buy cajun seasoning blends at your local grocery store or on Amazon. You can also make your own homemade cajun seasoning blend from scratch- this is a great recipe.
Can I use chicken thighs? Yes! While I like to make this recipe with chicken breasts you can also use boneless chicken thighs if you prefer. Thighs usually have more fat so the sauce might be a little greasier.
What to serve with cajun chicken pasta- This easy slow cooker recipe is a complete meal but if you want to round it out it is delicious with simple side dishes. We like to serve it with garlic bread or garlic knots or a simple salad.
Can I cook the pasta separately? Yes! While adding the pasta uncooked and letting it cook in the creamy sauce adds a delicious flavor to the pasta if you are in a hurry you can cook it separately. Just cook the pasta according to the package directions and add the cooked pasta once the chicken is done in the slow cooker.
Ingredients for Crock Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into bite sized pieces)
1 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1 red pepper (cut into strips)
1 yellow pepper (cut into strips)
1 red onion (sliced)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
2 cans of chicken broth
1 can fire roasted tomatoes- drained
3/4 cup heavy cream
12 oz penne pasta
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp water
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste A sprinkle of parsley
Here’s How to Make Crockpot Cajun Chicken Alfredo
First place the diced chicken breast to an 8 quart slow cooker, sprinkle on 1/2 tbsp of cajun seasoning. Layer all the peppers, onions and garlic on top and add the remaining seasoning.
Add the chicken broth, drained tomatoes and 1/2 cup heavy cream to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is cooked.
About 30-40 minutes before done, add in the uncooked pasta and stir. Whisk together the cornstarch and water and pour the mixture into the crockpot, stir again and put the lid back on and stir every 10 minutes until pasta is tender and cooked.
Once done add in the 1/4 cup heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir and serve topped with chopped parsley.
Crock Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper cut into strips
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 14.5 oz cans of chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes- drained
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste A sprinkle of parsley
- First place the diced chicken breast to an 8 quart slow cooker, sprinkle on 1/2 tbsp of cajun seasoning. Layer all the peppers, onions and garlic on top and add the remaining seasoning.
- Add the chicken broth, drained tomatoes and 1/2 cup heavy cream to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is cooked.
- About 30-40 minutes before done, add in the uncooked pasta and stir. Whisk together the cornstarch and water and pour the mixture into the crockpot, stir again and put the lid back on and stir every 10 minutes until pasta is tender and cooked.
- Once done add in the 1/4 cup heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir and serve topped with chopped parsley.