Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
Christmas sprinkle cookies are a fun and festive way to celebrate the holidays! These soft vanilla cookies are coated with white, red and green sprinkles for a tasty and colorful holiday treat!
These easy Christmas cookies combine the soft chewy texture of classic sugar cookies with the sweetness and crunch of sprinkles resulting in an addicting, delicious cookies! This sprinkle Christmas cookie recipe is a must add to your holiday baking list!
If you’re looking for the perfect holiday cookies look no further! These sprinkle sugar cookies are the perfect addition to any Christmas party, cookie exchanges, Christmas cookie trays, bake sales or any other occasion during the holiday season! These soft and chewy cookies are coated with Christmas sprinkles that add a delicious sugary crunch to the outside of the baked cookies. These festive cookies are one of the easiest Christmas cookies to make and will put you into the holiday spirit in no time!
- Other Posts You’ll Love
- Christmas Brownie Truffles -These Christmas brownie truffles are easy to make, rich, and delicious treats perfect for parties, gifts or any holiday occasion!
- Christmas Pretzel Bites -These festive and tasty treats are the perfect combination of sweet and salty! Whip up a batch of these Christmas pretzel bites for your holiday gatherings!
- Layered Christmas Dessert – This festive dessert lasagna recipe has delicious layers all decorated for the holidays! A delicious red velvet base, with a delicious peppermint cream cheese layer, topped with creamy pudding and tasty whipped topping.
FAQ & Tips for Christmas Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
Can I use another type of sprinkles?
The festive color of these cookies comes from their coating of colorful sprinkles, I like to use jimmies but if you want to use a different type of sprinkle you can! These are great with little round sprinkles, colored sanding sugar or any other festive holiday sprinkles. You can use a blend of colors for all the cookies or separate the colors to create different colored cookies.
How to store these cookies-
These Christmas sugar cookies are best stored in an airtight container. They keep well and can be stacked in a storage container or zip top bag. They are also great for shipping or giving as gifts place on a tray and wrap with plastic wrap to give to friends or neighbors.
Ingredients for this delicious Christmas sprinkle cookie recipe
¾ Cups Butter – softened to room temperature
¼ Cup Shortening
1 ½ Cups Granulated Sugar
1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
1- 3.4 oz. Box Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
1 Cup Green, Red & White Jimmie Sprinkles
How to make Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
In a large bowl with an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together the butter and sugar and shortening.
Add in eggs, vanilla, and instant pudding mix. Continue mixing until thoroughly incorporated .
In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture a little at a time mixing between additions. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure all of the ingredients incorporate well. Continue until all the dry ingredients are incorporated.
Place jimmies in a shallow bowl or dish.
Use a cookie dough scoop or spoon to scoop out dough in tablespoon size scoops using. Roll dough into a ball. Place the balls of cookie dough into a dish of jimmies and roll around pressing lightly until the dough ball is covered evenly with sprinkles.
Place on prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until set and lightly golden brown around the edges.
Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
- ¾ Cups Butter – softened to room temperature
- ¼ Cup Shortening
- 1 ½ Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1-3.4 oz. Box Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Green Red & White Jimmie Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl with an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, and instant pudding mix. Continue mixing until thoroughly incorporated .
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture a little at a time mixing between additions until all the dry ingredients are
- Place jimmies in a shallow bowl or dish.
- Scoop out dough in tablespoon size scoops. Roll dough into a ball. Place cookie dough balls into a dish of jimmies and roll around pressing lightly until the dough ball is covered evenly with sprinkles.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set and lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.