Secret Kiss Cookies
Secret kiss cookies are a delicious mix of rich chocolate kisses surrounded in a tender delicious cookie! These delicious cookies are rolled in sweet powdered sugar for the perfect finish!
These chocolate kiss cookies are the perfect treat for any chocolate lover! Hershey’s kisses are wrapped in a sweet buttery cookie dough, baked to perfection and then tossed in powdered sugar. The result is a melt in your mouth soft cookie with a delicious surprise inside! These cookies are soft with a sweet chocolate kiss in the center that everyone loves! They are the perfect way to enjoy cookies with a delicious hidden chocolate surprise!
While these cookies look a lot like Mexican wedding cookies or snowball cookies their texture is different. They are soft chewy cookies that compliment the sweet chocolate kiss beautifully! They are the perfect Christmas cookies, and they are also great for other occasions like birthday parties, baby showers, cookie trays, wedding cookie tables, or just to enjoy as a delicious dessert! They are also a delicious Valentine’s day treat!
These cookies are made with a delicious pudding cookie dough that makes the texture of the cookie soft and delicious (If you love it try these sugar cookies made with the same dough!)
- Other Posts You Love
- Delicious Toffee Cookies You can’t beat buttery soft cookies full of crunchy sweet bits of toffee! These toffee cookies are easy to make and absolutely delicious. They are perfect for the holidays or any time of year!
- Hot Chocolate Cookies These hot chocolate cookies are so delicious! A soft, tender chocolate cookie topped with chocolate frosting and mini marshmallows!
- Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies Cheesecake thumbprint cookies are the perfect blend of a tender, buttery cookie filled with a sweet creamy cheesecake filling. They are a simple and delicious cookie that everyone loves!
FAQ & Tips for this Secret Kiss Cookies Recipe
Can I use different kisses?
Absolutely! Hershey’s kisses come in several different flavors! If you want to use dark chocolate, mint chocolate, almond kisses or any other flavor you can use them in this recipe. If they are filled and not solid chocolate the baking time may need to be adjusted so it is a good idea to test a couple to make sure the timing is right for using them in this hidden kisses recipe.
How to store these cookies?
These cookies can be stored at room temperature an airtight container. Make sure they are completely cooled before placing them in a large zip top bag or airtight container.
It is really easy to make variations to these cookies to create different flavors or to decorate them differently.
You can add a couple of tablespoons of cocoa powder to the powdered sugar to make these chocolate coated.
You can roll them in powdered sugar before rolling in colored sanding sugar to make different colors.
Another option is to use a different flavor pudding like chocolate to create a double chocolate cookie.
You can also change up the flavor by using a use different extract almond extract is delicious in these cookies, or you could even use orange or peppermint extract to compliment the chocolate flavor!
Do I have to refrigerate the cookies before baking?
Yes! While a lot of cookie recipes require you to refrigerate the dough before making these require refrigerating the assembled cookies. When you’re shaping the cookies and you fold the dough up around the chocolate kisses it becomes too warm to hold it’s shape while baking. If you refrigerate them the chilled dough is firm and holds it’s shape beautifully.
Ingredients for Hidden Kiss Cookies
¾ Cups Butter – softened to room temperature
¼ Cup Shortening
1 ½ Cups Sugar
1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
1-3.4 oz Box Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
70-80 Hershey Kisses
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
Here’s how to make this Secret Kiss Cookies Recipe
To make the cookie dough-
In a large bowl with an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together softened butter, shortening, and sugar on medium-high speed.
Add in eggs, vanilla, and instant pudding mix. Continue mixing until thoroughly incorporated.
In a separate medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt gently whisk until the dry ingredients are well combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture a little at a time mixing between additions until all the flour is incorporated.
Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball then gently flatten it. Press an unwrapped kiss in the center or the flattened cookie dough and fold the dough around the kiss and over the top and pinch into place to create a cone shaped ball of dough.
Repeat until all dough is used. Place the cookies in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour. This help make these cookies hold their shape when they bake.
To bake the cookies
When ready to bake pre heat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chilled cookies on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set and lightly golden brown around the edges.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle but still warm.
Place the powdered sugar in a bowl. While the baked cookies are still warm place in the bowl of powdered sugar and gently roll the cookies to coat. Place on a cooling rack to allow cookies to cool completely.
Once the cookies are cooled completely roll them in the powdered sugar again to coat in another layer.
Secret Kiss Cookies
- ¾ Cups Butter – softened to room temperature
- ¼ Cup Shortening
- 1 ½ Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Box Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 70-80 Hershey Kisses
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- To make the dough-
- In a large bowl with an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together softened butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, and instant pudding mix. Continue mixing until thoroughly incorporated.
- In a separate medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture a little at a time mixing between additions until all the flour is incorporated.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball then press an unwrapped kiss into the center. Pinch the dough up and around the kiss to create a cone shaped ball of dough.
- Repeat until all dough is used. Place the cookies in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- To bake the cookies
- When ready to bake pre heat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chilled cookies on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set and lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle but still warm.
- Place the powdered sugar in a bowl. Place the warm cookies in the bowl of powdered sugar and gently roll to coat. Place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cooled completely roll them in the powdered sugar again to coat in another layer.