These caramel apple bars are so easy and delicious! Only a handful of ingredients and refrigerated cookie dough make them simple and the perfect dessert!
Last Christmas my aunt made these amazing caramel cookie bars. I seriously ate a whole plate full at her Christmas party.
A big plate.
I’m a sucker for anything that is sweet, salty, crunchy, chewy… well a perfect cookie. So I decided to put a fall twist on my aunt’s recipe and create these caramel apple bars.
Fall is one of those times that has delicious signature flavors and caramel apples are on the top of my list of things I look forward to. As soon as I see them in the stores I buy them…
“For my kids” of course.
For these bars we’re working with the deliciousness of crisp fall apples, creamy caramel, and crunchy pecans, they are really an amazing combination of flavors.
Pair these with your favorite hot apple cider, or of course a pumpkin spice latte and you’ll be in fall flavor heaven!
Here’s what you’ll need for your caramel apple bars
1- 16 oz. Roll of Refrigerated Cookie Dough
1/2 Cup Caramel Ice Cream Topping
4- Tbsp All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
1 Cup Finely Chopped Apple (about 1 large) – I recommend using a granny smith.
1/2- tsp Sea Salt
Preheat your oven to 350 and lightly grease or spray the bottom of an 8×8 pan.
Now reserve about 1/2 a cup of the cookie dough and press the rest into the bottom of your pan.
Now pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
While that is baking mix 3 tbsp of your flour in with your caramel.
Toss your other tbsp of flour with your chopped apple to coat the pieces. Then mix your pecans in with your apple.
Once your base is done baking let it cool for 10 minutes and then pour your caramel topping mixture over and spread it across leaving a 1/4 inch space around the edge.
Now sprinkle your pecans and apples over the caramel.
Next crumble the reserved cookie dough across the apples and pecans.
Now pop the whole thing in the oven and bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and the middle is baked through.
Once they’re done let them cool for at least an hour before cutting.
Then enjoy! These caramel apple bars are perfect for any fall or holiday gathering or just a delicious weeknight dessert!!
- 1- Roll Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1- Cup Peeled & Finely Chopped Granny Smith Apple
- 1/2- Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2- Cup Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 4- Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 - tsp Sea Salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 and grease or spray the bottom of a 8x8 pan
- Reserve 1/2 a cup of cookie dough and press the rest into the bottom of the pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10- 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- Mix 3 Tbsp. of flour with your caramel topping in a small bowl.
- Toss your apples in the other Tbsp of flour and then mix with the chopped pecans.
- Pour the carmel over the cookie base, sprinkle with the apple & pecan mixture. Then crumble the reserved cookie dough across the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Let cool for at least an hour and then cut into 9 pieces
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g