Whip up something sweet for your sweetie! These Valentine’s Day Cookie Bars are a delicious homemade treat, topped with from-scratch buttercream! Perfect to share with those you love!
Valentine’s Day! After Christmas and New Year’s as the winter drags on Valentine’s Day is a fun day to look forward to to break the monotony of the cold days!
I’ve never been one to want to go out with all the crowds for dinner, or expect giant diamonds from my husband, but I do like to make it special for my kiddos, and who doesn’t love an excuse for some sweets!
My boys have always loved getting a box of chocolates or a cute stuffed bear, but they are also big fans of baked goods.
These Valentine’s Day Cookie Bars are simple to whip up, they are fun and festive, and are sure to make anyone you love feel super special.
Here’s what you’ll need for these Valentine’s Day Cookie Bars –
For the Cookies-
1 Cup Butter (softened)
2 Cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
5 Cups Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 Cup of Valentine’s M&M’s
For the Icing-
1 Cup Butter, (softened)
3 Cups Powdered Sugar
2-3 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Tsp Vanilla
1-2 Drops of light pink food coloring
Valentine’s day sprinkles (choose whichever you want!)
The first thing you’ll want to do is get your oven preheated to 375.
Then prepare your baking pan by lining a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Now in the bowl of an electric mixer cream together your butter and sugar.
Once they are nice and fluffy, add in your eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition. Add in vanilla and mix.
In a separate bowl combine your flour and baking soda.
Add the flour mixture gradually to the butter mixture until it is all well incorporated.
Gently fold in your M&M’s.
Spread the cookie dough on the prepared cookie sheet and pop it in the oven for 10-15 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Once the cookies are done baking set them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
While they cool you can whip up your frosting.
Beat the butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add in the powdered sugar continuing to mix until it is all incorporated.
Next, add in your heavy cream, vanilla, and food coloring. Continue to mix until it is smooth and fluffy.
Spread the frosting across your completely cooled cookie bars. Sprinkle on your Valentine’s sprinkles evenly!
Cut the bars into 12-16 squares and enjoy!
- 1 C butter
- 2 C sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 TSP vanilla
- 5 C flour
- 1/2 TSP baking soda
- 1 C of red m&m’s
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 C unsalted butter, softened
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 2-3 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 1-2 drops of light pink food coloring
- Valentine’s day sprinkles (choose whichever you want!)
- Cream butter and sugar until combined.
- .Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix the flour and baking soda together in a separate bowl.
- Mix in the dry ingredients gradually until fully combined.
- Mix in the red m&m’s.
- Spread on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 min or until toothpick comes out clean.(Do not overbake!)
- Once baked, set aside to cool completely.
- While cookie bar cools start on the frosting.
- Beat the butter on medium speed until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar gradually mixing inbetween each addition.
- Add in the heavy cream, vanilla extract, food coloring and continue mixing on medium-high speed for another minute or until everything is well combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Once bar is cooled and frosting is made, frost the cookie bar till totally covered.
- Top with sprinkles you chose then serve and enjoy!