Do you love s’mores? The delicious combination of chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker is irresistible! This tasty dessert cheeseball has all the flavor of s’mores and is perfect for dipping your favorite cookies! It will be a huge hit with everyone!
Every summer I look forward to s’mores! I try to keep a stash of graham crackers, chocolate bars, and marshmallows in our lake cabin so that anytime we want we can whip some up!
I love to take the flavors of s’mores and create new delicious snacks and desserts with them like my s’mores popcorn, and chocolate covered s’mores cookies! I can’t get enough of them!
This s’mores cheese ball is the latest in my tasty treats bursting with chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker flavor! This is a great make ahead dessert or snack to take to parties or picnics. A lot of times when you think cheeseball your mind goes to savory, something like my dried beef cheeseball, full of meat, spices, and cheddar cheese. But sweet cheese balls are just as delicious and fun to dip into!
- Recent Posts You Might Have Missed–
- Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake
- Loaded Potato Salad
- Delicious Zucchini Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing
What can I dip in this cheeseball?
What if I can’t find marshmallow bits?
For this recipe I used marshmallow bits, aka dehydrated marshmallows. These little marshmallows are the kind you’ll find in packets of hot cocoa mix. They are a little bit crunchy and the perfect tiny size for a lot of recipes. I like to order them on Amazon, but you can often find them in the supermarket in the aisle with the hot chocolate. What I love about them in this recipe is that as the cheese ball sits they soften so they are similar to regular marshmallows but the perfect size for dipping. If you can’t find these little marshmallow bits you can also get regular mini marshmallows and cut them into 4ths. They will be the correct size and the texture will be similar in the final product.
Here are some tips for cheeseball making success!
- Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature. It is important that the cream cheese is nice and soft so that the ingredients blend together well and get evenly distributed throughout the cheeseball.
- Make sure your graham cracker crumbs are nice and small. When you cover the outside of the cheese ball it is much easier if your graham cracker crumbs are fine. If they are larger chunks they won’t stick as well.
- Make sure you plan ahead because it needs time to cool in the fridge.
- If you want to make this cheeseball in advance you can but it is best to coat it right before serving.
- Other Posts You’ll Love-
- Frozen Ice Cream S’mores
- S’mores Popcorn
- Gooey & Delicious S’mores Cookies
Here’s what you’ll need to make this S’mores Cheese Ball
Cheese Ball Ingredients
2- 8oz Packages Cream Cheese
½ Cup Marshmallow Crème (marshmallow fluff )
½ Cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
½ Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
½ Cup Dehydrated Marshmallows – **note- if dehydrated marshmallows are unavailable mini marshmallows cut into 4ths can be substituted
Cheese Ball Toppings
5 Graham Crackers
1/3 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1/3 Cup Dehydrated Marshmallows
Here’s how to make this S’mores cheeseball
First place your softened cream cheese in a large bowl. Mix with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Now add in the marshmallow creme, and continue beating until well incorporated.
Add in the vanilla extract and then add in the powdered sugar a little at a time mixing between each addition.
Now fold in the 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and 1/2 cup dehydrated marshmallows, Mix until the chocolate chips and marshmallows are evenly distributed throughout the marshmallow mixture.
Now lay out two pieces of plastic wrap in opposite directions (making an x or + shape) scoop the cheese ball mixture into the center of the plastic wrap. The mixture will be soft so don’t be alarmed. Gather the ends of the plastic wrap together to wrap around the cheeseball mixture and form it into a ball. I like to twist the plastic wrap to secure it, or wrap it with another piece of plastic wrap. Place it on a plate, with the plastic wrap seam down and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to harden.
Once it has refrigerated it is time to coat the cheeseball.
There are a couple of ways you can go about this, it really is a matter of preference how you do it, both ways work! This is a relatively soft cheeseball so don’t be alarmed when you unwrap it if it seems soft. If it is way too soft to handle stick it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes and that should firm it up enough to be easier to handle.
The first step in coating the cheeseball is to make graham cracker crumbs. You can pulse your graham crackers in a food processor or place them in a zip top baggie and crush them using a mallet or rolling pin. You’ll want to make nice fine crumbs so that they stick to the cheeseball evenly.
Now to cover the cheeseball you can combine mini chocolate chips, marshmallow bits, and graham cracker crumbs together in a shallow plate Mix them well so they are evenly distributed then roll the cheeseball around in the mixture to evenly coat.
This technique is quick and results in a nice distribution of coating. However, it can be a bit messy if your cheeseball is soft and difficult to handle.
The other option (pictured here) is to place the cheeseball in the center of a plate and press graham cracker crumbs into it evenly on all sides, then brush off the excess. Next press mini chocolate chips and marshmallow bits evenly around. This technique gives you a bit more control over where your toppings end up, and is less messy. It makes it easier to keep the shape of the cheeseball, but it can be tricky to get everything to stick.
Serve immediately or cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve. If you are taking it from the fridge to serve leave it out for about 10 minutes to soften a bit before serving.
S'mores Cheese Ball
This delicious dessert cheese ball is loaded with s'mores flavor! A delicious combination of cream cheese, marshmallow, graham cracker and chocolate it is the perfect treat!
- 2 8oz Packages Cream Cheese
- ½ Cup Marshmallow Fluff
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Marshmallows Bits
- 5 Graham Crackers
- 1/3 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup Marshmallow Bits
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer combine cream cheese and marshmallow fluff until light and fluffy, add in vanilla and gradually add in powdered sugar, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Add 1/2 cup marshmallow bits and 1/2 cup chocolate chips and gently fold
until evenly distributed through the cream cheese mixture.
- Lay out 2 pieces of plastic wrap in opposite directions on a flat surface and scoop the mixture into the middle of it. Use the plastic wrap to help form a ball and wrap tightly.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and prepare to coat the cheeseball.
- To make graham cracker crumbs place your graham crackers in a large zip seal baggie and using a rolling pin or mallet crush them into crumbs. Or you can pulse them in a food processor, make sure to create fine crumbs.
- Now its time to coat the cheeseball. There are a couple of
ways to approach it, so you can pick the one that works best for you. This is a relatively soft cheeseball, even after refrigeration so don’t be alarmed when you unwrap it if it seems soft. If it is too soft to handle place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Coating technique #1 mix together the graham cracker crumbs, marshmallows and chocolate chips on a shallow plate an roll the cheeseball around in the mixture to coat it.
- Or you can place the cheeseball on a plate and press the graham cracker crumbs onto the outside. Brush off the excess and press the chocolate chips and marshmallows onto the outside. This way makes it easier to keep the shape of the cheeseball and control the distribution of chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Serve immediately with graham crackers, vanilla wafers,
animal crackers or any other cookie that compliments the s’mores flavor.
- To make this in advance you can make the cheeseball and keep
it refrigerated for up to a couple of days and coat right before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 232mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g
Thank you so much for sharing this smores cheese ball! It taste amazing and really easy to make!