This mayo parmesan chicken is a moist and flavorful dish made with just a handful of simple ingredients. It is the perfect easy weeknight meal that the whole family loves!
The first time I ever heard of mayonnaise chicken I thought it sounded a little bit crazy but then I tried it! The result is juicy flavorful chicken that goes beautifully with any side dish! The addition of parmesan cheese on top of the chicken adds a delicious salty flavor and a lovely golden brown!
These parmesan crusted chicken breasts are perfect for busy weeknights. They require very little prep time and only use a handful of ingredients that can be found in any grocery store! This easy dinner recipe is the perfect chicken dish to whip up with ingredients you probably have on hand! It is great for those nights where you don’t have a ton of time to get dinner on the table but want to serve up a family favorite!
- Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Bruschetta Chicken – Bruschetta chicken is a perfect combination of classic Italian flavors that results in mouthwatering dish! Made by marinating chicken breasts in a delicious and easy marinade and topping with an amazing basil, tomato mixture and shredded mozzarella it is the perfect main dish.
- Million Dollar Chicken– Million dollar chicken is a simple recipe that tastes AMAZING! Tender chicken breasts are topped with a mixture of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, crispy bacon and green onions and baked to perfection! This is such an easy meal that everyone loves!
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies- This super simple sheet pan dinner has the perfect blend of tender chicken and flavorful veggies! This easy weeknight dinner is a chicken recipe that your whole family will enjoy! Just pop it in the oven for a quick and easy meal!
What to serve with this chicken-
It is easy to make this chicken dish into a complete meal by adding a simple steamed vegetable, a side salad, or you favorite side dish! I like to serve it with noodles or rice and a veggie like steamed broccoli. I keep it simple so that it is super easy. This dish is versatile so it pairs well with most side dishes or is great chopped on top of a salad!
Bread crumbs & other variations-
I made this mayo parmesan chicken without bread crumbs but they are a great addition if you’d like a little crunch. You can mix up about 1/2 a cup panko crumbs or Italian bread crumbs with a little bit of melted butter (1-2 tbsp) and garlic powder to create a delicious crunchy topping. Just mix it up and sprinkle bread crumbs across the parmesan cheese before baking. For a low carb alternative grind up pork rinds and use them in place of the bread crumbs to add crunch without adding carbs!
You can also add additional seasonings to the mayo mixture if you’d like. Italian seasoning makes a great addition, sometimes I add a little onion powder or even some smoked paprika to change it up. Don’t be hesitant to add your favorite seasonings and see how it turns out this recipe is a great base for a lot of variation.
Can I use chicken thighs?
Absolutely. If you prefer boneless skinless chicken thighs to chicken breasts you can use them! Chicken thighs have more fat so you may have excess grease in your baking pan to drain off after baking. Also thighs are generally thinner than breasts so the cooking time will vary, make sure to keep an eye on it as your chicken bakes so it doesn’t dry out!
How to store this chicken-
This chicken keeps well so it is great for meal prep, or to have delicious leftovers. Store it refrigerated in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap.
Here are the ingredients for Parmesan Mayo Chicken
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2-3 cloves garlic minced
Here’s how to make this Mayo Parmesan Chicken
Directions Preheat oven to 375 degrees lightly spray the bottom of a baking dish with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
Trim and butterfly or pound chicken breasts flat and place chicken breasts in a baking dish.
Next in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, salt, pepper and minced garlic together until well blended.
Then spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly on top of the chicken.
Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly across the top of the mayo covered chicken
Cook in oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is golden. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 when taken with a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the breast.
Serve immediately while still hot, sprinkle with additional parmesan if desired.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- Directions Preheat oven to 375 degrees lightly spray the bottom of a baking dish with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Trim and butterfly or pound chicken breasts flat and place chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- Next in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, salt, pepper and minced garlic together until well blended.
- Then spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly across the top of the mayo covered chicken
- Cook in oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is golden. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 when taken with a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the breast.
- Serve immediately while still hot, sprinkle with additional parmesan if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 775mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 39g