Easy Blueberry Cobbler with Cake Mix
This easy blueberry cobbler recipe comes together with just a few ingredients! It is the perfect dessert for any occasion! Using cake mix makes this cobbler quick and easy!
This easy dessert recipe is delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, or with a dollop of fresh whipped cream! You can make this easy blueberry cobbler any time with just a box of cake mix and pie filling, blueberries and butter! This blueberry cobbler made with cake mix is often called dump cake because it is so easy to dump the ingredients in and bake!
This easy recipe makes it simple to have homemade blueberry cobbler for dessert any time! Adding fresh juicy blueberries gives this quick dessert a fresh flavor with very little effort!
- Other Recipes You’ll Love-
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake– This blueberry breakfast cake recipe is moist, tender, and full of blueberry flavor with just a hint of lemon! It is perfect for any breakfast or brunch, and is so easy to make!
- Amazing Blueberry Cookies– These vibrant, sweet, and soft cookies get their delicious taste and color from blueberries! These blueberry cookies are full of berry flavor complimented by white chocolate chips. They are the perfect cookie for any occasion!
- Strawberry Cake Mix Brownies- These strawberry cake mix brownies are a delicious, soft, gooey and full of strawberry flavor! Made using a cake mix and just a handful of ingredients this recipe is as simple as it is tasty!
FAQ Tips & Suggestions for this Easy Blueberry Cobbler
How to serve this cake mix blueberry cobbler-
This blueberry cake mix cobbler recipe is perfect by itself but it is also delicious served with toppings. We love it topped vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. It is also delicious drizzled with blueberry syrup or with a sprinkle of fresh berries.
Use other flavors of cake mix-
While this classic cobbler is delicious with yellow cake you can swap it out with a different type of cake mix. White cake mix is an excellent choice for a neutral vanilla flavor. You can also use lemon cake mix for a delicious lemon blueberry dessert. You can also add a tablespoon of lemon juice to the filling and lemon zest across the cake mix topping for more lemon flavor. Another great choice is strawberry cake mix for a delicious mixed berry cobbler.
Can I use frozen blueberries?
While love to use fresh juicy berries during blueberry season I also love to enjoy it all year round and frozen berries are a great option. You can swap out the fresh berries for frozen berries in this delicious cobbler. They do tend to make the blueberry filling more liquid, if you want it to be thicker you can toss them in 1 tablespoon of corn starch before adding them.
How to store this easy cake mix cobbler-
Leftover cobbler can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat it you can microwave it or pop it back in the oven. If you are refrigerating it in the cake pan be sure to let it cool completely before wrapping.
Ingredients For Blueberry Cobbler with Cake Mix-
1- 21 oz. Can Blueberry Pie Filling
2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix
1 Cup Butter- melted
Here’s How to Make Blueberry Cake Mix Cobbler Recipe-
Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly butter a 13×9 baking pan.
Spread the blueberry pie filling evenly across the bottom of your prepared baking dish.
Spread the fresh blueberries evenly across the pie filling and gently pat them down.
Sprinkle the dry cake mix across the top of the fresh berries smoothing it out as best as possible.
Pour the melted butter across the top of the cake mix, it is ok if there are some spots of dry cake mix.
Place the cobbler in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Allow the cobbler to cool slightly before serving. Serve plain or with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
- 1- 21 oz. Can Blueberry Pie Filling
- 2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Butter- melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly butter a 13×9 baking pan.
- Spread the blueberry pie filling evenly across the bottom of your prepared baking dish.
- Spread the fresh blueberries evenly across the pie filling and gently pat them down.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix across the top of the fresh berries smoothing it out as best as possible.
- Pour the melted butter across the top of the cake mix, it is ok if there are some spots of dry cake mix.
- Place the cobbler in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow the cobbler to cool slightly before serving. Serve plain or with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.