Air fryer pepperoni rolls are the perfect combination of spicy pepperoni, melted cheese, and chewy crispy pizza dough. These are a fun snack or simple meal that will quickly become a new family favorite!
My family has always loved pepperoni rolls! When I learned to make them in the air fryer it was a game changer! It is so easy, doesn’t heat up the house, and they are done in no time! I used to make big batches in the oven but with the air fryer I can whip them up any time! This easy recipe is made with simple ingredients and cooks up quickly! This is one of may favorite recipes to make in the air fryer!
Pepperoni rolls were first created in West Virginia, and are traditionally white bread dough, slices of pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. We live in Ohio just about 5 minutes from West Virginia so pepperoni rolls are a staple in our area! Kids sell them for fundraisers, you can grab them at the grocery store or even gas station! But I prefer to make them at home where I can fill them with just the right amount of pepperoni and cheese and season them the way my family loves!
- Other Recipes You’ll Love-
- Air Fryer Mini Pizzas- Made with a refrigerated biscuit pizza crust these air fryer mini pizzas are fun to make and delicious to eat! These personal pizzas are a great snack, quick dinner, or a delicious addition to any party!
- Air Fryer Garlic Knots- Air fryer garlic knots are super easy and full of flavor! These garlicky knots are the perfect addition to a pasta dinner, pizza night, or any other weeknight meal! It is also a tasty appetizer and great addition to any party spread!
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip– This pepperoni pizza dip as a delicious and easy dip that is perfect for pizza lovers! This warm, cheesy, flavorful dip is perfect for parties or enjoying anytime!
What to serve with these pepperoni rolls-
These pepperoni rolls make a great snack but they are also great as a light meal! Serve them up with a side salad or steamed vegetables for an easy dinner, or as an accompaniment to a plate of pasta! They are great served with warm pasta sauce for dipping, or your favorite sauce like alfredo sauce or ranch dressing. They are also an amazing finger food to add to party spreads alongside all your other favorites.
Use crescent roll dough- these pepperoni rolls can be made with crescent roll dough in a very similar way as they are made with pizza dough. Crescent rolls create a flaky buttery texture to your pepperoni rolls that is delicious! You can press the dough into a rectangle and cut it into rectangles, or you can place the pepperoni slices and shredded cheese in the center of the crescent roll triangles then roll them up.
Use homemade pizza dough- If you prefer to make your own pizza dough instead of using store bought you absolutely can! It is important if you use homemade dough that you roll it out thin- between 1/4 and 1/2 inch so that it doesn’t rise too much when it cooks. If you use homemade dough your cooking time may vary so make sure to keep an eye on them as they cook, or cook one to test how long to cook them.
Add some pizza sauce- The difference between pepperoni rolls and pizza rolls is that pepperoni rolls don’t have any sauce in them. However if you want to add some you can! Just add a small spoonful of sauce to the center of your pizza rolls after adding the pepperoni and cheese. You can use your favorite pizza or marinara sauce to make easy pizza rolls!
Tips for making these pepperoni rolls-
For best results make sure to seal the seams of your pepperoni rolls. Press them firmly so that the cheese doesn’t melt out when they are cooked.
Air fryer cooking time can vary depending on the style and size of your air fryer. Make sure to leave room between your pepperoni rolls and watch them as they cook. The finished rolls should be a nice golden brown and sound a hollow when you tap them.
Oil your air fryer- to keep the pepperoni rolls from sticking lightly oil the bottom of air fryer basket you can lightly brush it with olive oil or if your air fryer manual says it is ok spray it with non stick cooking spray (if your air fryer basket is non stick cooking spray isn’t usually recommended)
How to store and reheat these pepperoni rolls-
These are best stored refrigerated in an airtight container. There are several ways to reheat them. For a softer pepperoni roll wrap it in a paper towel and heat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. You can also reheat them in the air fryer at 300 for just a couple of minutes. If you want to reheat a lot at once you can place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and place them in an oven at 325 for 5-10 minutes. They are also great served at room temperature if you are making them for a party!
Here’s what you’ll need for these air fryer pepperoni rolls
Here’s how to make these easy air fryer pepperoni rolls
1 – 13.8 oz Tube Refrigerated Pizza Dough
36 Slices Pepperoni
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 Tbsp Butter
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
Here’s how to make these pepperoni rolls
First thing unroll the pizza dough onto a cutting board or other flat surface and flatten it into a rectangle shape.
Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter cut the dough into nine equal rectangles.
Place 4 pepperoni slices in the center of a rectangle of dough.
Place about a tablespoon of shredded mozzarella in the center of the pepperoni.
Fold the dough over the pepperoni and cheese and press to seal the seam, then fold up the ends and press them into place to seal.
Place the pepperoni roll seam side down.
Repeat with remaining dough until all of the pepperoni rolls are formed.
Melt the butter in a small microwave safe bowl.
In a small bowl mix together the garlic powder, salt and Italian seasoning.
Using a pasty brush brush each pepperoni roll with melted butter and sprinkle garlic powder mixture across the top of each roll.
Place the pepperoni rolls a few inches apart in the basket of the air fryer. Cook at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Allow the pepperoni rolls to cool a few minutes before serving warm. Store leftover pepperoni rolls in an airtight container.
Easy Air Fryer Pepperoni Rolls
- 1 – 13.8 oz Tube Refrigerated Pizza Dough
- 36 Slices Pepperoni
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- First thing unroll the pizza dough onto a cutting board or other flat surface and flatten it into a rectangle shape.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter cut the dough into nine equal rectangles.
- Place 4 pepperoni slices in the center of a rectangle of dough.
- Place about a tablespoon of shredded mozzarella in the center of the pepperoni.
- Fold the dough over the pepperoni and cheese and press to seal the seam, then fold up the ends and press them into place to seal.
- Place the pepperoni roll seam side down.
- Repeat with remaining dough until all of the pepperoni rolls are formed.
- Melt the butter in a small microwave safe bowl.
- In a small bowl mix together the garlic powder, salt and Italian seasoning.
- Using a pasty brush brush each pepperoni roll with melted butter and sprinkle garlic powder mixture across the top of each roll.
- Place the pepperoni rolls a few inches apart in the basket of the air fryer. Cook at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.