Everyone loves hot cocoa bombs so what better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day! These Valentine’s Day hot cocoa bombs are perfect for gifts for celebrating love with your friends and family!
I love hot chocolate in the winter! It is one of the best treats when you come in from the snow or on a chilly evening by the fire!
So when I saw hot cocoa bombs for the first time I was amazed! They are so fun!
These hot cocoa bombs are decorated for Valentine’s Day but of course, they can be decorated differently for any holiday or occasion! You can change the colors of the chocolate drizzle, use different sprinkles, and even use colored marshmallows!
What supplies do I need to make hot cocoa bombs?
- Silicone Molds- find them on Amazon
- Spoon or Baking Brush for spreading the chocolate
- Microwave safe bowl or double boiler for melting chocolate
- Microwave-safe plate
- Piping bags or Ziploc bags.
What ingredients do I need for hot cocoa bombs?
(These amounts make 3 hot cocoa bombs)
- 1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 1/2 Cup each Pink & White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Hot Chocolate Mix (approx 1 Tbsp. per bomb)
- Dehydrated or mini Marshmallows
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles
Here’s how to make hot cocoa bombs-
First we’re goint to melt the chocolate- you can use a double boiler or the microwave. If you use the microwave heat for 30 second increments stirring in between until it is melted and smooth.
Next you’re going to want to coat your molds with chocolate you can use a spoon, a small spatula, or a silicone brush. Try to make it as even as possible.
Place your molds in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until hardened.
Once the chocolate molds have set you can pop them out of the molds and fill 3 halves with filling. About a tablespoon of hot cocoa mix, marshmallows, and if you’d like some sprinkles.
To seal the bombs you can heat a skillet on the stove or a plate in the microwave then press the edge of the empty halves on the warm surface to melt it slightly, then press it against one of the filled halves.
Now we’re going to decorate the cocoa bombs. Working with one color at a time melt your colored chocolates in either a double boiler or the microwave. Once they are melted spoon the melted chocolate into a piping bag or a ziploc baggie with the corner cut off.
Before the drizzle hardens sprinkle on your spirnkles, allow to cool completely.
How do I use hot cocoa bombs?
When you’re ready make a nice warm cup of hot cocoa just place one of the bombs in a mug and pour over 8-10 ounces of warm milk. The bomb will melt and the contents will come out, just give it a quick stir and you’re ready to enjoy!
If you want to add additional marshmallows, whipped cream, sprinkles or any other garnishes go ahead!
- 1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Each Pink & White Chocolate Melts
- 3 Tbsp Hot Cocoa Powder
- Dehydrated or Mini Marshmallows
- Valentine's Day Sprinkles
- Melt your chocolate using a double boiler or by microwaving in 30 second increments stirring in between.
- Spread the melted chocolate in your molds in an even layer using a spoon or silicone brush.
- Put your mold in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until hardened.
- Remove from the molds, and fill 3 halves with 1 Tbsp of hot chocolate mix each and several marshmallows.
- Warm a plate in the microwave and then press the edge of the empty halves against it and then press them onto the filled halves.
- Melt the pink and white candy melts and drizzle across and then sprinkle with sprinkles, allow to harden.
- To use- place in a mug and pour over 8-10 ounces of hot milk, and stir.