Easy No Peek Chicken and Rice Casserole
No peek chicken and rice is such an easy weeknight dinner. This tasty chicken recipe comes together quickly and easily! Since everything is cooked together cleanup is a breeze!
I love an easy dinner recipe that can be put together and popped in the oven! It makes getting dinner on the table so easy when I don’t have to stand over the stove and babysit. This easy chicken casserole combines chicken, rice and a delicious creamy sauce all in one easy to make dish!
This super easy dinner recipe is called no peek chicken because once you pop it in the oven you just let it cook, no peeking! The result is flavorful rice and tender chicken that your whole family will enjoy.
- Other Easy Recipes You’ll Love
- Crock Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta– This crock pot chicken bacon ranch pasta recipe is the perfect easy dinner. Delicious tender pasta, juicy chicken and bacon in a delicious creamy ranch sauce. This will quickly become a new family favorite!
- Chicken Tater Tot Casserole– Chicken Tater Tot Casserole Chicken tater tot casserole is an easy and delicious dinner that your whole family will enjoy. Packed with creamy chicken, ranch flavoring, bacon, cheese, and of course crispy tater tots it is the perfect comfort food!
- Sheet Pan Chicken Teriyaki – Sheet pan meals are so easy for busy weeknights! This sheet pan chicken teriyaki has juicy flavorful chicken and tender veggies in a delicious homemade teriyaki sauce. It is a delicious meal the whole family loves!
FAQ & Tips for No Peek Chicken and Rice Casserole
Can I use different cuts of chicken?
Yes! If you prefer to use chicken thighs or chicken tenderloins you can use them in this recipe. You can also chop up your boneless skinless chicken breasts into chunks if you prefer smaller chunks of chicken. I don’t recommend using bone-in chicken
Can I add vegetables?
Absolutely! If you want to make this easy recipe a complete meal by adding veggies you can! I recommend a 12 oz bag of your favorite frozen veggies. Mixed veggies like peas and carrots make a great addition, so do green beans or broccoli.
Can I use different soup?
If you’re not a fan of cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup you can make no peek chicken and rice with any cream soup that you like! You can use cream of celery soup, cream of chicken with herbs or any other cream soup you prefer. If you want you can use low sodium soups.
How to store this easy casserole-
This no peek chicken casserole can be stored refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the assembled but unbaked casserole tightly wrapped for up to a month. It is best to thaw it in overnight in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Use White Rice– This chicken and rice recipe works best with long grain white rice. (This is what most regular rice is) Long grain wild rice or brown rice takes longer to cook and can end up uncooked in this recipe, and instant rice will turn to mush.
Add Cheese– Once your casserole is baked you can top it with shredded cheese. Just sprinkle shredded cheese across the top of the chicken and rice and bake and additional five minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Add Bread Crumbs- For a little crunch you can mix panko bread crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle across the cooked chicken and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. I like to use 1/2 a cup of bread crumbs and 2-3 tablespoons of butter.
Season the chicken differently- This chicken is delicious with just salt and pepper but you can season it with your favorite seasoning blends. Sometimes I add a little onion powder or garlic powder. You can use your favorite chicken seasoning blend.
Ingredients for No Peek Chicken and Rice
10 oz Cream of Chicken Soup
10 oz Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 Cups of Chicken Stock or Chicken Broth
1 oz Onion Soup Mix
2 Cups Long Grain White Rice
Salt and Pepper
2 lb of Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
Here’s How to Make No-Peek Chicken and Rice Casserole
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13×9-inch casserole dish with no-stick cooking spray and set aside.
Add the cream of chicken soup, cream mushroom soup, chicken stock and onion soup mix to a large bowl. Mix until smooth.
Add in the uncooked rice and stir until it is evenly mixed.
Pour the rice mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly.
Season the chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides. Place the chicken on top of the rice mixture evenly spaced.
Cover the baking pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes (Don’t Peek!) check and make sure the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through. (the internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees when measured with a meat thermometer)
Remove from the oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before taking the foil off.
Slice or shred the chicken, serve and enjoy!
Easy No Peek Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 10 oz Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 10 oz Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock or Chicken Broth
- 1 oz Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 2 Cups Long Grain White Rice
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 lb Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13×9-inch casserole dish with no-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, cream mushroom soup, chicken stock and onion soup mix to a large bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add in the uncooked rice and stir until it is evenly mixed.
- Pour the rice mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Season the chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides. Place the chicken on top of the rice mixture evenly spaced.
- Cover the baking pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes (Don’t Peek!) check and make sure the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through. (the internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees when measured with a meat thermometer)
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before taking the foil off.
- Slice or shred the chicken, serve and enjoy!