If you love buffalo flavor you are going to enjoy these buffalo chicken tacos! They are deliciously flavored, moist chicken, topped with buffalo sauce and an easy-to-make blue cheese coleslaw! Perfect for taco Tuesday!
For your convenience, this post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
I’m going to be honest (don’t hate me!) I am not a huge fan of wings, I never have been, but I do love the flavor of buffalo sauce! I have friends who show up to every gathering with buffalo chicken dip and I am always so excited to eat it!
So I wanted to create something that would take the delicious flavor of buffalo chicken and turn it into a meal that the whole family could enjoy!
These come together super quickly (and there are even some simple shortcuts) and they are a hit with the whole family!
- Posts you might have missed
- Cheesy Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
How to make these buffalo chicken tacos easier-
- Use pre-cooked chicken. Thiese are a great way to use leftover chicken, or you can pick up a rotisserie chicken and use it!
- Use pre-shredded coleslaw- This is what I use, it makes life so much easier than cutting or shredding the cabbage yourself.
Other toppings you can add to these tacos-
I am a big believer that tacos are an excellent vehicle for all kinds of toppings and these are no exception! While they are amazing with just the blue chese coleslaw there are toer toppings that work really well with these flavors!
- Green onions- sliced green onions add a little crunch and flavor.
- Fresh Cilantro- I love cilantro with spicy flavors and it works well with these.
- Fresh Avocado- a chopped avocado adds a little creaminess and delicious flavor!
- Sour Cream- this is a classic topping and it works well with these, especially if you want to calm the spicyness a little.
- Corn- This one is alittle out of the box but corn adds some sweetness and texture.
Here’s what you’ll need for —
- 4- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts chopped into bite-size pieces (approx 4 lbs.)
- 1/3- Cup Buffalo Wing sauce. <—- not just plain old hot sauce, you want the wing sauce. I used Sweet Baby Rays
- 1/2 – A Bag of Shredded Coleslaw.
- 1/4- 1/2- Cup of Blue Cheese Dressing (the amount here depends on your taste. I added it until the coleslaw was nice and covered)
- 1/4- Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese + more for topping
- 2- Stalks of Celery -finely diced
- Flour Tortillas
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking oil of choice
- Other Chicken Posts you’ll love
- Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Classic Chicken & Dumplings
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
Here’s how to make Buffalo Chicken Tacos
The first thing you’ll want to do is get your chicken cooked. It is important to get nice brown color on your chicken so that it has lots of flavor. A cast-iron skillet works best to get nice color but you can use whatever you have.
After you chop the chicken into bite size pieces gently pat it dry, and sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and pepper, stir to coat evenly.
Cover the bottom of a skillet with about 1/4 inch of oil and heat over medium heat, add your chicken pieces in evenly spaced and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until it is golden brown on the outside and there is no pink in the center.
You may need to work in batches to keep your chicken from being crowded in the pan.
Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels, then move to a large mixing bowl.
Pour your buffalo wing sauce over the chicken and stir until everything is evenly coated.
In a seperate bowl combine your coleslaw and diced celery. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mixture, start with 1/4 cup and add more to get the desired amount. Add blue cheese and mix thoroughly until everything is evenly mixed.
Warm your tortillas, I put them on a plate in the microwave and cover them with a moist paper towel and heat for about 30 minutes.
Scoop chicken into the center of a tortilla, top with coleslaw mixture, add addtional toppings if desired, fold and enjoy!
- -4- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts chopped into bite-size pieces (approx 4 lbs.)
- -1/3- Cup Buffalo Wing sauce. <---- not just plain old hot sauce, you want the wing sauce. I used Sweet Baby Rays
- -1/2 - A Bag of Shredded Coleslaw.
- -1/4- 1/2- Cup of Blue Cheese Dressing (the amount here depends on your taste. I added it until the coleslaw was nice and covered)
- -1/4- Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese + more for topping
- -2- Stalks of Celery -finely diced
- -Flour Tortillas
- -Salt & Pepper
- -Cooking oil of choice
- Pat chicken dry and sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and pepper toss to coat evenly.
- In a skillet over medium heat about 1/4 inch of oil.
- Add in chicken leaving space between the pieces (work in batches if necessary)
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and no longer pink in the middle.
- Drain on paper towels and move to a large mixing bowl, pour buffalo sauce over the chicken and stir until well coated.
- In a separate bowl combine the coleslaw mix, diced celery, blue cheese and dressing. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Heat tortillas, I put them on a plate covered with a damp paper towel and microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Spoon chicken into the center of a tortilla, top with coleslaw, fold and enjoy!