Bisquick Breakfast Casserole
Looking for a hearty, delicious and easy breakfast casserole? This Bisquick breakfast casserole recipe is full of delicious meat, cheese, eggs and veggies! It is perfect for feeding a crowd or making ahead for an easy and filling weekday breakfast!
If you are looking for a great delicious breakfast recipe that everyone loves this casserole is the one! Whether you need to feed a crowd for breakfast or want a great quick breakfast the whole family will love this is the casserole for you! It is a simple to make easy breakfast recipe that can be customized for your family!
I love the combination of classic breakfast flavors in this recipe makes it a great breakfast or brunch option for so many occasions. This Bisquick casserole is an easy breakfast recipe that everyone enjoys!
- Other Easy Recipes You’ll Love–
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole- This tater tot breakfast casserole is so hearty and full of flavor! Tasty tater tots are topped with crispy bacon, savory sausage, fresh eggs and plenty of melty cheese!
- Sausage Biscuits & Gravy Casserole– This sausage biscuits and gravy casserole recipe is so hearty and full of your favorite breakfast flavors. This delicious savory breakfast casserole combines buttery fluffy biscuits, creamy gravy, hearty sausage and fresh eggs in a dish that everyone loves!
- Denver Omelet Casserole– This Denver omelet casserole is full of the classic flavors of green peppers, ham, cheese and onions all in an easy to make egg casserole. This baked omelet is great for brunches, holiday breakfasts, or having on hand for busy mornings!
FAQ, Tips & Variations for this easy breakfast casserole
Can I use different meat?
Absolutely! While we love to make Bisquick breakfast casserole with sausage in this recipe you can easily swap it out for other breakfast meats. You can use diced ham, it is a great way to use leftover ham! You can also use bacon or swap out the pork sausage for turkey sausage.
Can I use different cheese?
Yes! I love a sharp cheddar cheese in this casserole, but you can swap it out for other cheeses. For a little spice you can make this recipe using pepper jack or for a more mild flavor Monterey jack is a great option.
Add additional veggies-
If you love veggies you can easily add extras to this casserole! Some of our favorite additions are chopped mushrooms, chopped spinach, or green peppers instead of red pepper.
Can this casserole be made ahead of time?
We love this recipe for a make ahead breakfast! It makes a great grab and go weeknight meal or a hearty breakfast or brunch to have for holidays or parties. It can store in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container or wrapped with plastic wrap. You can reheat it in the oven for about 15- 20 minutes before serving.
You can also put this casserole together the night before and bake it the next morning. Just assemble the casserole and wrap it in plastic wrap. The next day unwrap it and bake the casserole according to the recipe instructions.
How to store Bisquick breakfast casserole-
If you have leftover casserole you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can also wrap individual portions to grab and heat up for a quick and easy breakfast on busy weekdays.
What to serve with this savory breakfast casserole-
If you are serving this casserole for breakfast or brunch it is easy to pair with a variety of side dishes. It is an excellent recipe to serve with fresh fruit or fruit salad or yogurt. It is also tasty served with a spinach salad, fresh veggies or steamed vegetables.
You can also top this casserole with a drizzle of maple syrup for some sweetness or a sprinkle of hot sauce for a little spice.
Here’s what you’ll need for this Bisquick breakfast casserole
24 ounces pork breakfast sausage
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup Bisquick baking mix
2 cups milk
¼ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp pepper
Pinch of red pepper flakes
4 large eggs
Note: The hashbrowns should be frozen but not into a solid block. If they are, thaw them just slightly in the microwave so they are easy to work with.
Here’s how to make this Bisquick breakfast casserole recipe
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish or casserole dish with non stick spray.
Place the breakfast sausage in a large skillet and cook sausage crumbling into small pieces, until sausage is cooked through.
Add bell peppers and onions to the skillet and cook a few minutes over medium heat more until the pepper is softened and the onion is translucent.
Drain the cooked sausage mixture, and add to a large mixing bowl.
Add hashbrowns and 1 ½ cups shredded cheese. Stir to combine.
Spread the sausage mixture into the prepared baking dish.
In another large bowl, whisk together the Bisquick mix, eggs, milk, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes. Pour the Bisquick mixture evenly over the casserole.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes, until the center of the casserole is set, the top is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- 24 oz. Breakfast sausage
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Medium Red Pell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Medium Onion (diced)
- 3 Cups Frozen Shredded Hashbrowns
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Bisquick Baking Mix
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish or casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Place the breakfast sausage in a large skillet and cook sausage crumbling into small pieces, until sausage is cooked through.
- Add bell peppers and onions to the skillet and cook a few minutes over medium heat more until the pepper is softened and the onion is translucent.
- Drain the cooked sausage mixture, and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add hashbrowns and 1 ½ cups shredded cheese. Stir to combine.
- Spread the sausage mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the Bisquick mix, eggs, milk, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes. Pour the Bisquick mixture evenly over the casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes, until the center of the casserole is set, the top is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 1125mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 21g