This week I’m chatting with Alanna Gallo the founder of Play Learn Thrive. Alanna is a teacher, and we talked all about learning through play, how parents can survive emergency homeschooling, and all of life is a learning experience!
I was so excited when Alanna reached out to me about a collaboration. She is a school teacher who has a passion for letting children learn through play. I knew that with all of the school closings recently that it would be a great time to have a conversation about learning, schoolwork, and play.
I know so many parents who are struggling with adjusting to having their children at home. They are trying to figure out a routine that works, trying to work from home, trying not to freak out about the news, and hoping that they don’t screw up too badly in teaching their children.
That is why I wanted to get this episode out NOW. Alanna and I had an amazing conversation, and I am hopeful that you will take it to heart and realize that you can relax and that this is all going to be OK!
In addition to listening to the podcast and taking all of Alanna’s advice to heart here are some other quick tips for this crazy time.
Top 5 Tips for Parents:
- Breathe. Create a block schedule that is structured but also flexible.
- Ask your child what interests them and go from there. True learning stems from extending on what you’re passionate about.
- Involve them in your day-to-day. This is the perfect time to learn practical life skills.
- Encourage outdoor time (2-4 hours per day) and don’t be afraid of boredom. Boredom breeds creativity, imagination and innovation.
- Connect. Slow life down, savor moments you would normally rush, reevaluate what is important to you and your family.
You can also hop over to her blog and read some of her other great posts-
Want to connect with Alanna? Find her here-