The holiday season is a wonderful time of year for spending quality time with your family. This is a great way to build family bonds and traditions. There are many fun activities for families to do together during Christmas time. Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy family fun during the holidays!
Planning a Christmas Family Fun Day
Planning a family fun day during the holiday season is not complicated and your whole family will enjoy a day of activities and family bonding. The following are some simple steps you can take to prepare for fun family activities:
* Pick a date when all of your family members will be at home.
* Plan the meal menu for the day and make a shopping list. Make sure you purchase everything you need beforehand.
* Plan activities that your family will enjoy. Make a list of any supplies that you need to be able to complete the activities. Purchase everything you will need before your fun day.
Ideas for your Christmas Family Fun Day
There are many activities that can be done during the holiday season. Pick activities that your family will enjoy. You can make up your own ideas or use some from the following list. Your family may already have traditions that you would like to do and you are just looking for some ideas to add more family fun. Some great ideas for a Christmas family fun day include:
* Eat all of your meals together as a family. You can even cook together.
* Go to the Christmas tree farm or to a road side vendor and pick out a Christmas tree.
* Decorate your tree together.
* Make Christmas crafts.
* Color in Christmas coloring books. Hang some pictures on your wall.
* Bake sugar cookies.
* Watch a Christmas movie.
* If there is snow on the ground, make a snowman and some snow angels.
* Make homemade hot chocolate.
* Go Christmas caroling.
* Listen to Christmas music.
* When it gets dark outside, go for a family drive to look at the community Christmas lights and other holiday decorations.
* Read a Christmas story.
* Take pictures of all of your holiday adventures and make a scrapbook at a later date.
Great Christmas Movies
There are many Christmas themed movies for you and your family to choose from. Make sure you pick a movie that is appropriate for the age of your children. Some wonderful Christmas themed movies include:
* Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer
* Frosty the Snowman
* A Christmas Carol
* A Christmas Story
* Christmas with the Kranks
* How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon, live action & computer animated)
* The Santa Claus Trilogy
* A Charlie Brown Christmas
* National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
* Miracle on 34th Street
* It’s a Wonderful Life
* Jingle All the Way
* Home Alone (all)
* The Christmas Shoes *The Polar Express *White Christmas
There are many Christmas stories available today. Some wonderful Christmas stories include:
* Merry Christmas Mom and Dad by Mercer Mayer
* Richard Scary’s Best Christmas Book Ever by Richard Scary
* Mouse’s First Christmas by Lauren Thompson
* How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Suess
* Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree by Robert E. Barry
* Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buehner
* Mortimer’s Christmas Manger by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman
* The Legend of St. Nicholas: A Story of Christmas Giving by Dandy Daley Mackall
* The Spirit of Christmas by Nancy Tillman
* Christmas Mice by Richard Scary *The Mouse Before Christmas by Michael Garland *Olive the Other Reindeer by Vivian Walsh
Planning a Christmas family fun day is not complicated and does not take a lot of time. Make sure you have everything you need for your family activities before the scheduled day. There are many activities for you and your family to enjoy. Remember to take pictures so you can look back on your family fun day for years to come.